ReefCleaners.org

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

ECLS Reefer

This is today-24 hours in the tank. When it arrived yesterday all of the perimeter skeleton was exposed and only that inside surface had flesh, which I assumed was from being pissed at shipping. But this is like rapid tissue necrosis, and I dont understand why. 

IMG_3313.thumb.jpeg.1f8972df456d77ac601143b0cb8acb14.jpegIMG_3314.thumb.jpeg.32c1860ed1b80bb46d237a404eb2aab4.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
ECLS Reefer
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'd think so, especially if you got it like that. How has the customer service for them been?

No problem at all. I've called them and done their online chat. The chat bot seems a bit snotty but I'm sure it's because it's electronic. But the people have been nice. You just send them a picture of the deceased critter, hold on to it until they reply and they usually refund you. They don't usually replace anything because they dont want to ship anything unless you spend more.

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

No problem at all. I've called them and done their online chat. The chat bot seems a bit snotty but I'm sure it's because it's electronic. But the people have been nice. You just send them a picture of the deceased critter, hold on to it until they reply and they usually refund you. They don't usually replace anything because they dont want to ship anything unless you spend more.

Ahh, that makes sense. I thought they would ship you something, but it would make more sense to just refund I guess.

ECLS Reefer
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ahh, that makes sense. I thought they would ship you something, but it would make more sense to just refund I guess.

Oh heck yah. Their shipping is always $30 during the week and an extra $15 for Saturday. They're not going to send you a replacement unless you shell out more cash and buy it yourself! And earn that free shipping for $100 or more purchases. Granted, you can get frags somewhat cheaply from them, and have multiple ones add up to $100 and make that worth it.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh heck yah. Their shipping is always $30 during the week and an extra $15 for Saturday. They're not going to send you a replacement unless you shell out more cash and buy it yourself! And earn that free shipping for $100 or more purchases. Granted, you can get frags somewhat cheaply from them, and have multiple ones add up to $100 and make that worth it.

I still have never gotten a coral from an online vender. I got my blenny from divers den and he came well packed. Unfortunately he passed away though.

• Sad 2
ECLS Reefer
4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I still have never gotten a coral from an online vender. I got my blenny from divers den and he came well packed. Unfortunately he passed away though.

I've gotten probably more than half of my stock from them, after the LFS lady got to be so over bearing. Plus, her coral stock is NOT cheap. They're all gorgeous but big, so they dont really fit in my tank as it's set up, and I'm not super willing to drop over $100 for one coral. I've had only one fish show up dead from LA. And it's only been the last couple of corals that have had issues. I have a hard time believing it's something in my tank, because all of the other corals are thriving. But then, I'm not an expert on what ships well and what doesn't, so I guess it's always a risk. You can't always find the variety that LA and Diver's Den has on their site at other places, either.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I've gotten probably more than half of my stock from them, after the LFS lady got to be so over bearing. Plus, her coral stock is NOT cheap. They're all gorgeous but big, so they dont really fit in my tank as it's set up, and I'm not super willing to drop over $100 for one coral. I've had only one fish show up dead from LA. And it's only been the last couple of corals that have had issues. I have a hard time believing it's something in my tank, because all of the other corals are thriving. But then, I'm not an expert on what ships well and what doesn't, so I guess it's always a risk. You can't always find the variety that LA and Diver's Den has on their site at other places, either.

all the coral I have gotten has been from either one lfs or from coral shows. The shipping always scares me away because in most cases you need a 100 or more to get the free shipping and I usually buy like 20 or 30 dollar frags one at a time. It's easier to swallow when it's like one or two pieces lol.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

all the coral I have gotten has been from either one lfs or from coral shows. The shipping always scares me away because in most cases you need a 100 or more to get the free shipping and I usually buy like 20 or 30 dollar frags one at a time. It's easier to swallow when it's like one or two pieces lol.

I am *trying* to slow down on the expenditures for both of the tanks. The Evo is doing really well, but I'm going to have to break down and buy a light. Thankfully I already had a screen made for it from the first time we used it. But the corals in it, especially the little blastomussa, dislike the stock light. And I am sooooo tired of dealing with the stock lid for feeding and adjust stuff. It's so in the way. The big tank is cruising now, doing awesome. I add to it because I'm straight up addicted. My husband told me the other day he thought a cocaine addiction would be cheaper than me with my saltwater addiction. But yeah, I try to buy two or three, maybe four tops frags at the same time from LA or Divers Den because you get multiple corals and free shipping. Had a nice fat 20% off coupon for the last purchase, which was AWESOME.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I am *trying* to slow down on the expenditures for both of the tanks. The Evo is doing really well, but I'm going to have to break down and buy a light. Thankfully I already had a screen made for it from the first time we used it. But the corals in it, especially the little blastomussa, dislike the stock light. And I am sooooo tired of dealing with the stock lid for feeding and adjust stuff. It's so in the way. The big tank is cruising now, doing awesome. I add to it because I'm straight up addicted. My husband told me the other day he thought a cocaine addiction would be cheaper than me with my saltwater addiction. But yeah, I try to buy two or three, maybe four tops frags at the same time from LA or Divers Den because you get multiple corals and free shipping. Had a nice fat 20% off coupon for the last purchase, which was AWESOME.

Yes hard drug addiction has GOT to be cheaper than this hobby lol. I try to stay within limits with the 20g as I don't have much room. The 75g is where it's gonna get expensive :lol:. I've decided the 20 will be all rock flower nems and my clownfish. I'm gonna move over all the corals from the 20 and put them all nice and neat in the 75g. I still have to plumb that stupid thing :sideeyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yes hard drug addiction has GOT to be cheaper than this hobby lol. I try to stay within limits with the 20g as I don't have much room. The 75g is where it's gonna get expensive :lol:. I've decided the 20 will be all rock flower nems and my clownfish. I'm gonna move over all the corals from the 20 and put them all nice and neat in the 75g. I still have to plumb that stupid thing :sideeyes:

Oh I've been thinking about a rock flower for the big tank. The EVO isn't ready yet. The two nems in the SCA are both so ignorant they make me want to scream at them. The BTA lives on the back side of the rock formation where you can't ever see it, and the purple long tentacled has been bumping round in there for days, unhappy with everything he finds. I finally picked it up this morning and moved it inside the lagoon, and it's been wandering in there on the rock all day. And yes-the bigger the tank the bigger the need to fill it!!!! 😳😳🤦🏽‍♀️

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
18 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Oh I've been thinking about a rock flower for the big tank. The EVO isn't ready yet. The two nems in the SCA are both so ignorant they make me want to scream at them. The BTA lives on the back side of the rock formation where you can't ever see it, and the purple long tentacled has been bumping round in there for days, unhappy with everything he finds. I finally picked it up this morning and moved it inside the lagoon, and it's been wandering in there on the rock all day. And yes-the bigger the tank the bigger the need to fill it!!!! 😳😳🤦🏽‍♀️

Nems are a trip...they are moody bastards sometimes and they do the strangest shit. I have one that moves a lot and the others are pretty good at not going anywhere. You need to have a talk with it :smilie:

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
23 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

It's got the AIDS, send them a pic now, in 2 days it will be gone.

I sent it already and they've already started the refund process. I've got my eye on the acan hard too because it's definitely lost some mass since it got here. It may be okay though. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
58 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Someone's hongry tonight.

IMG_3316.thumb.jpeg.78baedf53c929d9ff9d5869554f141d7.jpeg

Stinky told me one time to feed good and that can help bring colors back. I have to say since I've been feeding the roids once a week, they have perked up nicely.

ECLS Reefer
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Stinky told me one time to feed good and that can help bring colors back. I have to say since I've been feeding the roids once a week, they have perked up nicely.

I’ve been pondering those. Been feeding the tank Brine every day for the mandarins and a cube of that San Francisco Bay multipack every couple or three days. And phyto and zoo plankton every week. That favia lost its color but survived the great tank move massacre. Maybe I’ll check out some reef Roids in my next batch of purchases. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’ve been pondering those. Been feeding the tank Brine every day for the mandarins and a cube of that San Francisco Bay multipack every couple or three days. And phyto and zoo plankton every week. That favia lost its color but survived the great tank move massacre. Maybe I’ll check out some reef Roids in my next batch of purchases. 

I was skeptical about it, but I've been seeing a noticable difference the last monthish. I just put a little bit in a cup and use a baster and hit everyone. I do it on water change day so I don't get anymore nutrients.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

So, I haven't invested in the Reef Roids yet, @DSFIRSTSLTWATER, but I did get a magnesium and iodine testing kit and started dosing mag and iodide today. I had NO iodine detectable in the tanks, either one, so maybe this will get the corals hopping. I looked into the Reef Roids, and realized it's got zooplankton in it, which I have a bottle of at the moment. When it gets close to running out, I'll hop on the RR wagon 😉

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

So, I haven't invested in the Reef Roids yet, @DSFIRSTSLTWATER, but I did get a magnesium and iodine testing kit and started dosing mag and iodide today. I had NO iodine detectable in the tanks, either one, so maybe this will get the corals hopping. I looked into the Reef Roids, and realized it's got zooplankton in it, which I have a bottle of at the moment. When it gets close to running out, I'll hop on the RR wagon 😉

I got it for free as a tester. Literally had it for about 6-7 months lol. Then one day I was like #### it, I'm gonna try it out now. It's cool as long as you don't over do it. That's why I have been doing it on water change day..just in case. I hope the supplements work though. How are the corals doing today? Do they still look bad?

ECLS Reefer
4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I got it for free as a tester. Literally had it for about 6-7 months lol. Then one day I was like #### it, I'm gonna try it out now. It's cool as long as you don't over do it. That's why I have been doing it on water change day..just in case. I hope the supplements work though. How are the corals doing today? Do they still look bad?

That chalice looks horrible but surprisingly there is still a couple of live spots that have tentacles extended. And I swear that elegance wants to live super bad. It's still eating and pooping, and if it weren't for @StinkyBunny naysaying it I'd say it was trying to rebuild. It still looks pretty pathetic though when compared to pictures of what it's supposed to look like, or the unaffordable expensive ones the LFS has.

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3330.jpeg

IMG_3326.jpeg

• Like 2
On 6/2/2019 at 7:35 PM, Dirté Sanchez said:

May be able to keep up with @WV Reefer soon with some of her pictures! 

B6E35EB4-CFE8-4FB8-80A6-8BF312FB322D.thumb.jpeg.c9e9bfe2d0c8c10d1f20f90c9105cacb.jpeg

Moved this gorgonian back into the lagoon, and it started to bloom again, thank goodness. 

60F8AFDE-4EFD-44FD-8152-57EA39C7D8F2.thumb.jpeg.fa3ac86869a7be9a75cf74c5fef8da28.jpeg

Sun coral

8FE8C19D-07CE-490E-AB7F-3ED4572C7A27.thumb.jpeg.15bdd835d2cea16f0ce5a3c7744ab95e.jpeg

Ricordea

3FD055C0-2673-4D9B-9311-97A110260E75.thumb.jpeg.0211ede739161669c9edf25bd61b6941.jpeg

Rhodactis

0EE142B6-F8A9-4EB9-B398-6A3B2596486F.thumb.jpeg.fc7c5062e40e1b16d85cda360e8bbf4d.jpeg

Multi color hammer

AECC6694-0A01-45F1-B470-F4B8A3DA6307.thumb.jpeg.4da026b5f9076967bf4524296711c28d.jpegA33A7585-725B-45DD-AE4B-CB5184E47E97.thumb.jpeg.2e9488cb2a764aa3906ff3a92e7b774e.jpegE2920E18-5F04-426C-B012-69A4164BE609.thumb.jpeg.fa20edf3772878e4b9a66d7f2e6f37af.jpeg07F79075-1613-4E8F-99C2-5A0E529F1F15.thumb.jpeg.66908d611c84a17945aee7f6d52c5fbc.jpeg

Sun coral close up using tele setting on camera and micro lens.

F0229C7C-C94E-447C-ABF8-40BA897403EA.thumb.jpeg.04989f27f4a5ad2ec88d0a2a5501c4f2.jpeg

Duncan polyp.

Pictures look good.. you use anything to edit them?? The the lightroom app. You can import a photo to it then click light and just move some of the bars left and right to adjust colors.. works really well to make the photos represent the actual colors better..

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
13 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Pictures look good.. you use anything to edit them?? The the lightroom app. You can import a photo to it then click light and just move some of the bars left and right to adjust colors.. works really well to make the photos represent the actual colors better..

Ill have to check that out! I have a DSLR app on the phone I use for the fish tanks because it allows better control over zooming, but I have to use one of those little lens filters on the phone to cut out the blues. Both an orange and yellow lens. I still struggle to get close ups like Christy though. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Ill have to check that out! I have a DSLR app on the phone I use for the fish tanks because it allows better control over zooming, but I have to use one of those little lens filters on the phone to cut out the blues. Both an orange and yellow lens. I still struggle to get close ups like Christy though. 

Yea I'm convinced she used black magic 

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer

Never showed the new screen I got from Clear View Lids-it's really awesome! Pretty clean in appearance and fits perfectly, with a good size feed door to do stuff just inside the tank. 

IMG_3378.thumb.jpeg.a4db19744a2b9c666286edd13a783c68.jpeg

Tentacles out.... wonder who he'll be reaching for tonight?

IMG_3376.thumb.jpeg.ca63e26b1a67b31b5f12e38bfca3558f.jpeg

This poor elegance wants to LIVE- it's trying so hard to overcome whatever the heck is wrong with it. 

IMG_3375.thumb.jpeg.ce27e5e84c96e3c71ab8cdaee52505b0.jpeg

IMG_3374.thumb.jpeg.57ca06a329d417811827c238fa40e0b0.jpeg

New Clear View Lid

IMG_3373.thumb.jpeg.945705be90fc297b8ca511a6e0724429.jpeg

• ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon