SaltCritters.com

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

ECLS Reefer

The montis in the big tank are coloring up so nicely- the tropic thunder has turned around completely! It’s gonna turn out to be something really pretty. 

• Wow 1
ECLS Reefer
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Stupid phone lagged and I clicked confused by accident 🤣

It’s okay I’m usually confused about life these days. 

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!!! 😱😱😱😱

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Does it show I changed it?

Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

It’s okay I’m usually confused about life these days. 

TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!!!!! 😱😱😱😱

You got this!! Have it all planned out?

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
7 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Does it show I changed it?

You got this!! Have it all planned out?

I *think* so. I don’t have a safe place really to let them sit in a tub in my den for weeks so the plan is to drain the tank, let them move it, if needed take out the livestock and rocks/corals for moving purposes, have them set up the new tank and new sand, fill, let sand settle, then move rocks/corals and fish in by tomorrow evening. Reading up on it with new sand, live very seasoned rocks and some seasoned water it should avoid a cycle. Maybe off a little but shouldn’t be anything too bad. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef
45 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I *think* so. I don’t have a safe place really to let them sit in a tub in my den for weeks so the plan is to drain the tank, let them move it, if needed take out the livestock and rocks/corals for moving purposes, have them set up the new tank and new sand, fill, let sand settle, then move rocks/corals and fish in by tomorrow evening. Reading up on it with new sand, live very seasoned rocks and some seasoned water it should avoid a cycle. Maybe off a little but shouldn’t be anything too bad. 

oh new tank arriving already?  haven't been paying enough attention, clearly.   Please tell me you're going with new white sand this time around.

also, will you start a new thread in the large tank section?  oh I guess we're in large reef.  but will you start a new one for the new tank?  or just gonna merge it into this one?    

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
21 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

oh new tank arriving already?  haven't been paying enough attention, clearly.   Please tell me you're going with new white sand this time around.

also, will you start a new thread in the large tank section?  oh I guess we're in large reef.  but will you start a new one for the new tank?  or just gonna merge it into this one?    

I had thought to merge this one, but do you think a new tank thread is what I need to do? It doesn't make much difference to me one way or the other. 

I think it will be Fiji pink Arag alive sand, so yes ditching the black sand. Stuff was a pain in the butt with magnets--it stuck to the magnets and would scratch the grass. 

120g tank. Neptunian Cube brand, which is a brand one of my LFS owners has down here. Nice tank. I'm excited. And nervous. 

• Like 1
mitten_reef
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I had thought to merge this one, but do you think a new tank thread is what I need to do? It doesn't make much difference to me one way or the other. 

just curious, really. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Good luck! 👍👍🤞🤞 Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow 🍻

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

While I think on whether to make a new thread or morph this old one, here is what went down today!

Hopefully get some better pictures tomorrow and do a better job arranging the rocks. 

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer

And so, all good things must come to an end. In looking at everything equally, @mitten_reef was right and the new tank needs its own thread since it's a completely different system. So, shutting down the Fire Swamp thread and working on a new one. Just need a catchy name 🤔

• Like 2