Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

ECLS Reefer
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I does suck that we can't talk about things sometimes. The whole world seems to think the sky is falling lol.

Well, I’m averse to drama and those who can’t laugh for laughing’s sake. No one is above a joke, not even public figures. But, that’s why people like the great John Cleese have been saying comedy is dying, because absolutely no one can or will take a joke anymore. I can’t handle a world without humor and the ability to see the irony in life. 

• Like 3
HarryPotter

Congrats on the upgrade!!!! 

I don’t entirely understand what went wrong- why would pH spike down? Was the new tank not running for a few days before the transfer? 

• Sad 1
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

That looks more like a methylectual

Absolutely......and he’ll debate you all night long sweetheart. 😄

• Haha 3
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

I don’t entirely understand what went wrong- why would pH spike down? Was the new tank not running for a few days before the transfer? 

I ran it for a day, not a few. I made the incorrect assumption that since it’s the same water, plus their water, rock and sand it would be okay. Didn’t factor in the new rock and sand I guess. Though the rock came from the same source as what they were living on. 🤷🏻‍♀️

ECLS Reefer
Just now, StinkyBunny said:

I didn't realize that you used cultured rocks, there have been a few people who had the pH crash using it. 

Did know that- why would it happen? It’s cultured and live already- that’s how I started those same fish to begin with. Of course, that was on the advise of the 🧙🏻‍♀️FSL

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Well, I’m averse to drama and those who can’t laugh for laughing’s sake. No one is above a joke, not even public figures. But, that’s why people like the great John Cleese have been saying comedy is dying, because absolutely no one can or will take a joke anymore. I can’t handle a world without humor and the ability to see the irony in life. 

yeah it's crazy. Jokes have always be edgy but they are to lighten a situation. Comedy is dead and it's sad.

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Hey! How have you been? Getting better at all?

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
11 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

That escalated pretty quickly from evo to 50G. 😂

The Evo was about to break me financially! Now there’s absolutely no reason for territorialism is they have so much room in there they can all hold fins and square dance. 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

The tank settled down for the day and my torch coral is actually started to extend it's arms? Polyps? Legs? Flames? Whatever the heck they are, it's extending them. YAY!! Now to wait for all the others to get in line.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The tank settled down for the day and my torch coral is actually started to extend it's arms? Polyps? Legs? Flames? Whatever the heck they are, it's extending them. YAY!! Now to wait for all the others to get in line.

Yay!! 😀

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Today the tank seems to want to cycle a bit. Ammonia was up to 1, so I did a water change of about 15% and got the Skimmer working well. However when I retested tonight, the ammonia was still at 1. So I’ll have to keep a close eye on it. The corals have been looking even better today with the GSP clusters starting to show their polyps again, and the torch starting to relax. The hammer also looks better. Can’t take many more hard swings in parameters.  

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hey are you watching live rescue?

Um no, I’ve been watching blood go round and round in a bunch of hoses today. What’s live rescue? Besides the obvious?

ECLS Reefer

Ugh! Can’t stop the cycling process, can’t get Amazon to deliver my RODI filter in a timely manner, ran out of good salt this weekend and am having to use salt that I feel smells weird and leaves a definite film when it gets on my floor. At least the water cleared up. I hope my nightly water changes helps this tank stabilize soon- I’m tired of praying over it. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Um no, I’ve been watching blood go round and round in a bunch of hoses today. What’s live rescue? Besides the obvious?

It was live pd but with fire/rescue and emts. It was good, had some good things on it. You probably get enough of all that everyday though lol.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It was live pd but with fire/rescue and emts. It was good, had some good things on it. You probably get enough of all that everyday though lol.

I dislike most reality shows about EMS/ cops/ firemen and DEFINITELY any medical shows unless it’s actual honest to God real. That garbage on cable is so stuuuuuuupid. And so completely fake!!! Drives me bonkers. I liked Nightwatch when they were in New Orleans, by quit watching when they moved cities. But, nobody puts what I do on TV. If they try it’s so fake it makes me want to throw the remote thru the screen.

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
34 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I dislike most reality shows about EMS/ cops/ firemen and DEFINITELY any medical shows unless it’s actual honest to God real. That garbage on cable is so stuuuuuuupid. And so completely fake!!! Drives me bonkers. I liked Nightwatch when they were in New Orleans, by quit watching when they moved cities. But, nobody puts what I do on TV. If they try it’s so fake it makes me want to throw the remote thru the screen.

Well they have to make it a little fake lol. Have to make it interesting.

• Like 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon