inTank Media Baskets

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

1 hour ago, kimdawg said:

Great addition, but I love the blenny the best.  I want to get one for my 75 gallon soon.

He’s definitely the tank favorite. He’s already got a pot belly and is throwing his weight around in there. I love the color and level of swimming activity. It’s a good group of fish.

• Like 3

For starters, Indiana Jones is digging up my entire foundation 😳😬. Sure hope nothing caves in. 
E2C1C18F-430F-4AA4-AEAA-9591E700CFC7.thumb.jpeg.ac83a02f17a817d8c640c5d1625b4b55.jpeg

He’s also displacing his neighbors, such as Pinky here... whos been banished to the ship wreck. 

4FC1A8F0-4E2E-491F-85E2-B0C972255548.thumb.jpeg.bc95cfab1249aca0337505013f9c94aa.jpeg

And thirdly, what the crap kind of crab is this?! He just molted this weekend and has doubled in size! He hasn’t hurt anything in the tank and I feed super well, but I’d like an ID if anybody has one so I know what I’m dealing with. 

75D9B1E8-12F2-4804-991D-ACF1B6B72294.thumb.jpeg.eb94b775db321e0fdb32cf31b2533979.jpeg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Oh, shitz!!! 

Does that mean you know what this dude is?? I guess I’m gonna be all like @kimberbee setting up traps and what not for this crazy dude.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

SCA is still plugging along! Have lost a few of the SPS drags following the light change, which is a bummer. Picked up two new Monti frags which so far have been doing well. 

DC2D7919-957B-4632-A823-BFAFA348FA57.thumb.jpeg.e5733dffff9df908c718b080d93911d5.jpeg

“Rocky” the illegal immigrant. He appears to be a gulf rock crab. So far he’s been polite and I’m waiting until he’s so big I can grab him easily and move him to the sump.

2ECEC95B-2FA9-4842-B30C-7769A2E792FD.thumb.jpeg.fd41041287c4452e223d008647690880.jpeg

9DDDF2DB-21A2-48B9-A6D2-B957F1050848.thumb.jpeg.48701680d539cec763398cb8e6972941.jpeg

7E4CD4DF-1578-45EF-9F3F-770167B3F755.thumb.jpeg.50c0b16fab24d934b1efa7c5b196958c.jpeg

28ACF134-8487-455F-BF46-6878974AD836.thumb.jpeg.f606e891d8cb1f49c425524b12c4b733.jpeg

B2F5AE07-FC84-4DA5-B66F-896BEFCEBBA4.thumb.jpeg.66ab326ce116cad19ece6f9442fced3d.jpeg

8E43B521-E033-4EDA-A9AB-CA759E191A58.thumb.jpeg.f894649b51ca3a0c47aba5496711bafe.jpeg

The lyretail anthias are camera hogs. 

• Like 3

Missing my wrasses. Not sure what happened but the leopard wrasse went to ground and never reappeared, and the yellow wrasse just died for some reason. All the others are doing so well. Got the clowns a new BTA and the big female (Pearl) is already in luuuv. 

Ended up having to put the light back on the 15k program to make the big elegance happy. Certainly didn’t want to lose it, as it’s my centerpiece. Others are looking fairly good too.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
7 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Missing my wrasses. Not sure what happened but the leopard wrasse went to ground and never reappeared, and the yellow wrasse just died for some reason. All the others are doing so well. Got the clowns a new BTA and the big female (Pearl) is already in luuuv. 

Ended up having to put the light back on the 15k program to make the big elegance happy. Certainly didn’t want to lose it, as it’s my centerpiece. Others are looking fairly good too.

How long the Leopard been MIA? Mine hides for about a week when I add something new to the tank

And the yellow coris just basically collapsed and died overnight. Got a new yellow coris that was vigorous at store, nice and plump. Took over an hour acclimating and put him in, he dug himself in the sand as expected..... completely dead next morning. What can kill them so fast? He was just dead dead- no marks of any kind. But could the pistol

be killing them? What could be killing them so fast? And just the wrasses. 

• Sad 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

A solid week now.

Sucks you can't find him :sad:. I'm guessing you have dug around in the sand? Did you check the sump? I've heard of people loosing fish only to find them in the sump :unsure:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ratvan said:

Do you ever see it coming out at night? Might be acclimating to the timezone change if wild caught? 

I'd start to panic around day 10. 

Finger Crossed

No I haven’t checked for it at night. It was a late riser- would come out around 1 pm on the dot and head to bed around 7. I keep hoping. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

And the yellow coris just basically collapsed and died overnight. Got a new yellow coris that was vigorous at store, nice and plump. Took over an hour acclimating and put him in, he dug himself in the sand as expected..... completely dead next morning. What can kill them so fast? He was just dead dead- no marks of any kind. But could the pistol

be killing them? What could be killing them so fast? And just the wrasses. 

I wonder if the long acclimation is harming them. I just temp them and toss them in the tank. I've heard long acclimation is stressful.

• Like 1
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Sucks you can't find him :sad:. I'm guessing you have dug around in the sand? Did you check the sump? I've heard of people loosing fish only to find them in the sump :unsure:

I check the sump daily because I have that bicolor blenny down there. He’s kind of my canary in a mine. But he’s healthy and happy in his barnacle. Haven’t seen anything else swimming around. And I haven’t dug for him in the sand. Figure that could hurt him more than help

him. 

Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I wonder if the long acclimation is harming them. I just temp them and toss them in the tank. I've heard long acclimation is stressful.

Interesting. Maybe I should do that next time. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

I check the sump daily because I have that bicolor blenny down there. He’s kind of my canary in a mine. But he’s healthy and happy in his barnacle. Haven’t seen anything else swimming around. And I haven’t dug for him in the sand. Figure that could hurt him more than help

him. 

oh true... maybe dig around with your hand?

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

oh true... maybe dig around with your hand?

My sand bed is very crowded and caved out by the pistol. I really can’t get to anything (not to mention, midget here... arms don’t fit so well even if I’m on a stool) by hand. It’s not a good setup for going treasure hunting.

• Haha 2

I do the same, temp match then drop in.

I only get Wrasses if the person can prove that they are eating, pellets, frozen etc etc. I like to watch them eat for a while.

If you see any signs of beak rubbing I tend not to purchase, same if they're chasing their reflection, i think that's a sign of stress

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

him. 

Interesting. Maybe I should do that next time. 

It couldn't hurt.

• Like 1
Just now, Ratvan said:

I do the same, temp match then drop in.

I only get Wrasses if the person can prove that they are eating, pellets, frozen etc etc. I like to watch them eat for a while.

If you see any signs of beak rubbing I tend not to purchase, same if they're chasing their reflection, i think that's a sign of stress

I never saw either doing that. 

My favorite LFS is having their big 5th anniversary blowout Saturday. I’m gonna see what they have since I know they’ve brought in all kinds of stuff. 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon