Coral Vue Hydros

The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon

ECLS Reefer

One of my electric blues is lost at sea.... with either Michael or Freddy.

IMG_4906.thumb.jpeg.0867520e696d4748e1f72ebfaeed283c.jpeg

IMG_4908.thumb.jpeg.ebb9cc9a32e922ef8224717e98fedc31.jpeg

Side shot of the tank, hammer colony.

IMG_4907.thumb.jpeg.88841e8fc2bbbb0a050e0619b80e170e.jpeg

Full side shot

IMG_4911.thumb.jpeg.4734abd7e4ad57c72186e0404048afb3.jpeg

Front shot of tank, been rearranging some stuff to see if it grows a bit better.

IMG_4912.thumb.jpeg.3240e1aae758da0ac4c8f00459589ae3.jpeg

Side shot from off side

IMG_4914.thumb.jpeg.554fb29c9c468070b29c4ee88cd0c3db.jpeg

Semper vigilo

IMG_4915.thumb.jpeg.b6a9c37de98aa497d884a1d0dd3482f4.jpeg

Front row corals- moved the shrooms down front to see if the crabs would leave them alone. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

One of my electric blues is lost at sea.... with either Michael or Freddy.

IMG_4906.thumb.jpeg.0867520e696d4748e1f72ebfaeed283c.jpeg

IMG_4908.thumb.jpeg.ebb9cc9a32e922ef8224717e98fedc31.jpeg

Side shot of the tank, hammer colony.

IMG_4907.thumb.jpeg.88841e8fc2bbbb0a050e0619b80e170e.jpeg

Full side shot

IMG_4911.thumb.jpeg.4734abd7e4ad57c72186e0404048afb3.jpeg

Front shot of tank, been rearranging some stuff to see if it grows a bit better.

IMG_4912.thumb.jpeg.3240e1aae758da0ac4c8f00459589ae3.jpeg

Side shot from off side

IMG_4914.thumb.jpeg.554fb29c9c468070b29c4ee88cd0c3db.jpeg

Semper vigilo

IMG_4915.thumb.jpeg.b6a9c37de98aa497d884a1d0dd3482f4.jpeg

Front row corals- moved the shrooms down front to see if the crabs would leave them alone. 

Are the plates doing better?

10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Are the plates doing better?

The pinwheel short tentacled looks good and seems happy with the hammers. The long tentacled one melted-I'm not sure why. It just got super unhappy and a little crispy looking in the back spot I'd put it in, and didn't recover when I moved it to other spots. It was kind of burnt looking back there, so I'm not sure if something stung it-the acans are about 2-3 inches away and not angled towards where I had it, but I guess it was still possible.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The pinwheel short tentacled looks good and seems happy with the hammers. The long tentacled one melted-I'm not sure why. It just got super unhappy and a little crispy looking in the back spot I'd put it in, and didn't recover when I moved it to other spots. It was kind of burnt looking back there, so I'm not sure if something stung it-the acans are about 2-3 inches away and not angled towards where I had it, but I guess it was still possible.

That’s a bummer. Did you keep the skeleton? Sometimes they grow a million baby plates. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

That’s a bummer. Did you keep the skeleton? Sometimes they grow a million baby plates. 

Yeah I left it in the same place it was, back there with the hammers and the short tentacled. It had briefly seemed like it would perk up in that flow area and then just got melty. Maybe it will spawn something--it was spawned in one of the LFS store tanks. At any rate, the conditions in there chemically have been running pretty damn well lately so who knows what its problem was. 

• Like 2
Just now, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yeah I left it in the same place it was, back there with the hammers and the short tentacled. It had briefly seemed like it would perk up in that flow area and then just got melty. Maybe it will spawn something--it was spawned in one of the LFS store tanks. At any rate, the conditions in there chemically have been running pretty damn well lately so who knows what its problem was. 

The long Tentacle ones can get torn really easy. Fingers crossed for tiny plates!! 🤞🏻😄

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The long Tentacle ones can get torn really easy. Fingers crossed for tiny plates!! 🤞🏻😄

That would be interesting. Ive had the zoas spawn a few new little babies here and there in the tank so far, but nothing really else has duplicated itself. That and the hammer survived me ripping in half and becoming a frag... accidentally. But both halves have done well, so there's that. So yeah, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Excited about tomorrow- I get my first official CUC from ReefCleaners in. My CUC has always been whatever looked good or cute or got voted in by the boys. This time I wanted crew put together by someone who does it for a living, to see if they can make the tank spick n span. I can’t wait to see what I get! 

Have another surprise coming for the tanks official 6 month birthday, but I’ll reveal that when it gets here. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like 3

Got the new CUC in on Thursday--so many snails and a handful of new crabs!! The snails are a legit army though! Water change made yesterday, but the doser has been keeping up with the calcium, mag and KH uses from the newly exploding coralline and the otherwise happy corals. It's looking good in there, in my still inexperienced opinion. The tank turns 6 months old on Monday!!!! I had hoped to have a new surprise for it this week but alas, it didn't happen. So it'll arrive Tuesday the day after the tank's birthday. 

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_4960.jpeg

IMG_4961.jpeg

IMG_4963.jpeg

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Got the new CUC in on Thursday--so many snails and a handful of new crabs!! The snails are a legit army though! Water change made yesterday, but the doser has been keeping up with the calcium, mag and KH uses from the newly exploding coralline and the otherwise happy corals. It's looking good in there, in my still inexperienced opinion. The tank turns 6 months old on Monday!!!! I had hoped to have a new surprise for it this week but alas, it didn't happen. So it'll arrive Tuesday the day after the tank's birthday. 

IMG_4959.jpeg

IMG_4960.jpeg

IMG_4961.jpeg

IMG_4963.jpeg

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4923.jpeg

I think all the corals look very happy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

I think all the corals look very happy. 

I have one Micronesian torch I just can't find a happy place for. I moved it to a more moderate flow spot this morning and we will see what we can do, but truthfully it's never been happy in there, and I've had it about 4 months or so. The other torches are going like gangbusters but this one doesn't want to play with the others. Kind of a bummer- I feel like I'm gonna lose it because I can't make it happy for whatever reason.

• Sad 1

Still struggling with making the flow just right with all the pumps. I have two 660 Current Eflux pumps and one 1040 (I think that's the gph) Eflux. The two 660s are more to the rear facing each other and helping shove some of the return water column toward the lagoon. The 1040 is on the right side, most forward, facing the left and is set to slave to the left 660, both set on wave at every 7 seconds. Pondering getting a different type of wave pump setup like Jebaos or MP10s, so there's not so many pumps and cables. Anyone have any suggestions for how to position these things to get an optimum current in there?

IMG_4976.thumb.jpeg.74c2a8683633d571171d1d1894719e25.jpeg

• Like 1

🎉🎉HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCA!!!🎉🎉 Yesterday was the tank's 6 month birthday, and I'd had some sweet stuff planned for it last week, but it got delayed to today. At any rate, got the last spots filled in for two more SPS corals, put a Xenia in the back area that I hope will do well, and got a pretty new zoa colony to go in the zoa garden. Also filled in a completely blank side of the tank with a new torch and a really bright and happy alveopora. All the corals are extending polyps and looking happy!! 

But the biggest news for the tank and the snowflake clown pair (Hector and Pearl), was the new sebae anemone I got them. I didn't expect it be such a monster, but that hasn't stopped them--they started hosting it within 4 hours of it's placement. They are the happiest clowns at the moment, and funny to watch twitching and dancing away over and in the nem. So I hope from here things continue to look great and coast along.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Congrats to 6 months - and WOW - everything is looking fantastic!

Thank you so much! This tank has treated me so nice after the initial crash. I hope it continues to grow and look beautiful!

• Like 1

Pearl and Hector are in luuuvvv!! Found them completely buried in the sebae this morning sound asleep. Scared me- I was afraid it ate them. But then Pearl stuck her head out like WHUT HOOMAN??!!? They’re so cute to watch now!

• Like 2

The tank is rolling along and looking good! Pearl and Hector are still in luuuvv with their nem. Noticed the old BTA moved into the lagoon today from his perpetual hiding spot in the back area. Wonder what he’s up to? 

• Like 3

NEW LIGHT!!! Finally! Tank doesn't look so janky junky anymore. However, I have fought with this thing all freaking afternoon-it refuses to cooperate. Hopefully RedSea can help me out tomorrow.

IMG_5281.thumb.jpeg.90815d741c2a5df4df36026c8f9b0a2d.jpegIMG_5269.thumb.jpeg.f1012b6bfced59027e97983c266b62fb.jpegIMG_5265.thumb.jpeg.7f24141865ca9b3278270dc368877d25.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hey what was going on with the light? Did it not want to connect?

It’s giving me a 404 error when I try to edit the light schedule programs. So I can’t change the times or the clouds or anything or make up my own. I’m gonna just have to call them today because I tried everything they said to do and it still won’t work. 

• Sad 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It’s giving me a 404 error when I try to edit the light schedule programs. So I can’t change the times or the clouds or anything or make up my own. I’m gonna just have to call them today because I tried everything they said to do and it still won’t work. 

Aww bummer that's shitty. Hope the customer service is helpful at least and they get you up and running.

3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Aww bummer that's shitty. Hope the customer service is helpful at least and they get you up and running.

They sent a long email this morning- I’ve tried everything they’ve said to do. At this point they’re gonna need to hold my hand a little because the obvious answers no longer present themselves. But I’ll just call them from here out

• Like 2

ITS FIIIIIIIIXXXEED!!!! omgomgomg:haha::happydance::bowdown: THANK THE TANK GODS. Only took two hours on the phone with RedSea, moving a router basically into the tank, and them programming it remotely, deleting and starting over once. Oh and restarting my phone..... it's been an adventure in patience and software technology this morning. But ITS WORKING!!! Hallelujah!

IMG_5290.thumb.jpeg.1bb8485e8b933cb5dd57da9074c2d518.jpeg

• Like 5

I did a thing today... no more Orbit! Still working on where to put this thing or what settings... 

ADDA825C-8CBC-4867-8B92-9A5D4871C97A.thumb.jpeg.bdf0dd8a1ed3da4619d24da5c7ed3dd5.jpeg

BE8E185A-AB9E-41B4-B793-0614EC43C4D5.thumb.jpeg.20a476c5e15ab828b37be21e6db8e620.jpeg

Also, still struggling a little with settings for the new light. Still bleaching out a few of the SPS. Moved a couple down and cut the light way back, so hopefully that will help. 

• Like 2
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to The Fire Swamp's 50g SCA Starfire Cube- 🔥🐊. Upgrade Coming Soon