Coral Vue Hydros

Yellow watchman goby and randall shrimp "left" each other

Melfy77

I bought a yellow watchman goby with a randall pistol shrimp. They were in the same burrow but have not left each other. The goby is just swimming accross the tank. Shrimp is just hiding. What should I do. I read that tiger shrimp is a more appropriate host because of its size? Goby is about an inch and a half long. Randall shrimp is 3/4 of an inch 

MainelyReefer

My YWG definitely prefers the tiger pistol he is paired with currently more than the previous Randall’s shrimp he was with.  Once the shrimp makes a desirable shelter they will likely pair though but due to shrimp size he might just be making his home smaller than the YWG prefers.  My hi fin Goby is practically glued to my Randall’s shrimp though

2 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

My YWG definitely prefers the tiger pistol he is paired with currently more than the previous Randall’s shrimp he was with.  Once the shrimp makes a desirable shelter they will likely pair though but due to shrimp size he might just be making his home smaller than the YWG prefers.  My hi fin Goby is practically glued to my Randall’s shrimp though

That's what I thought ! Would I be able To have 2 gobies with their shrimp? Tank is 30g, 30x12. Or should I return one of the 2?