Coral Vue Hydros

Noah's Hidden Cavern - A Old School Pico Adventure

Noah C Peterson

Noah C Peterson

Thank you all so so much for the wonderful feed back!

I'll try to post some better photos of the livestock later on.

Also I really wanna do a sexy shrimp anenome pair and I can't decide between Maxi minis or rock flowers on the right side. Keep going back and forth because the rock flowers are smaller and I could get a bunch of them, but a I think a good sized maxi would fill up the space and be just as interesting. 

Noah C Peterson
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Really cool! It is a work of art inside and out! I love the dramatic montipora placement too!

Thanks! I was a little nervous about putting it in but a local guy gave me all of it for $15 bucks so I figured it's worth a shot! 

• Like 1
Noah C Peterson
On 8/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

That is pretty rad nice carving work. I feel like It needs to be in my wall 😂 

Thanks! It really wasn't too hard to craft, worth a shot 😉

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Noah C Peterson

So after a few weeks of travel and the tank essentially being on auto pilot NOTHING DIED! The monty cap browned out hard core, I'm guessing my lights just aren't cutting it?  Whatever it is the polyp extension is still really nice and the color is almost purple so until it really turns south I'm not going to complain.  

IMG_1416.thumb.JPG.93afe07231e9c3a4f3310374fdc34e28.JPG

IMG_1414.thumb.JPG.afdef967759bb9415f7072adf5fbecf6.JPG

I also picked up a nice little maxi mini on the road now I just need some sexy shrimp and this bad boy will be fully stocked! IMG_1400.thumb.JPG.b0ab403b57536bc0557af6e9715b7caf.JPG

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Nice! Super killer display - looking forward to seeing little shrimps on the nem! And great idea - I really need some of those venus fly traps over my systems to catch all the bugs before they end up in the water 😅   :]

• Thanks 1
Noah C Peterson
19 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Nice! Super killer display - looking forward to seeing little shrimps on the nem! And great idea - I really need some of those venus fly traps over my systems to catch all the bugs before they end up in the water 😅   :]

It was like 3 bucks at Walmart and I couldn't resist. Seems to be enjoying the light too!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Christopher Marks

Hi @Noah C Peterson! Can you believe it has been 7 months already?! 😲

This is a friendly reminder to post your final competition FTS and a 1 to 2 paragraph recap of your experience in the pico reef competition. Be sure to share your future plans for your pico reef as well, will it continue forward or get an upgrade? The competition ends on Sunday October 27th at midnight!

Thank you for being a part of the Old School Pico Reef Competition! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1
Noah C Peterson

Well it sure has been a wild ride. First of all thank you so much to this awesome community for hosting this event, it has been an absolute blast and certainly an amazing way to get back into the hobby. Though the tank has seen it's fair share of ups and downs, (recently more downs than ups check out that cyano 😭) I feel at the end of the day I accomplished what I set out to achieve, a fun, engaging display with a K.I.S.S attitude. 

Since this is currently my only tank I'm ganna keep it set up as is and see how far I can take it. The monti caps are coloring back up and one of my sexy shrimp trio has finally located the maxi minis so I believe this tank has a bright future. While it seems the reef bug has bitten me pretty hard and while there may be upgrades in the future, for now I'm happy with my tiny slice of the ocean tucked away in it's little cave.

73460531_538461523604908_6250608923984789504_n.thumb.jpg.960409885a6896aefbfe53f9fc7f7181.jpg

• Like 9

Congratulations you made it into the finals. You absolutely nailed it Noah's Hidden Cave is a reality. I can imagine diving in! If the outside of a tank was included as aquascape you would probably take 1st place. Good luck. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Noah C Peterson

Hey everyone just wanted to share a quick update! The tank is still up and running and actually looks pretty good if you asked me. I honestly gave up on it, the whole thing was over run with algae my heater went on the fritz and I thought everything was dead. But after a few months of no water changes and just top offs everything sprung back to life (Except the monti cap 😬) The anemones have thrived and the shrimp now host them regularly. 

89260736_518029945567128_7079915384551243776_n.thumb.jpg.30455309b94bbf51514d88c283190eb8.jpg

I'll make sure to get some better pictures up soon! Since I'm doing the 365 contest hopefully I'll be better about uploads!!

• Like 2
Noah C Peterson
7 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

No kidding months of no WC! I am guessing no fish? It looks terrific to me.

I kid you not it went over the 2 month mark and everything just started clearing up. I had essentially given up after the heater issues. 

I have no fish but I do have 3 sexy shrimp, that are doing great! 

20200305_130002.jpg

• 5 months later...