Top Shelf Aquatics

Traumatized birdsnest, will it recover?

falcooo

I did some major re-scaping yesterday, which involved taking a lot of the water out of the display for a fairly short period of working time. And obviously everything was stressed out for the time being, but 24 hours later everything except my green birdsnest appears to be doing well again. Several of the branches have began turning white. I'm wondering if it was due to the stress of being exposed to the air, or if too many "strings" released from other corals got caught in the nest and stung certain branches to death. Either way, given that the bulk of the colony is still healthy, do you think the white branches can recover? Or are they a lost cause? Thanks!

Also, what do you think of the back left monti cap corner? It looks pretty ugly now, but I'm really hoping my vision of what want it to grow into comes true.

IMG_0934.thumb.jpg.30149cc45e63dfffd70304982d4f00fd.jpg

IMG_0932.thumb.jpg.58a469509d949f1ec50e1d65f038b4a7.jpg

• Like 1

If the tissue is continuing to recede, I'd try fragging off the healthy branches.

I like the monti cap corner.  It should look great once filled in.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, seabass said:

If the tissue is continuing to recede, I'd try fragging off the healthy branches.

I like the monti cap corner.  It should look great once filled in.

Thanks! I plan to keep my eye on the birdsnest and if it gets worse just frag it down. And I can’t wait for the monti corner to fill in.

• Like 2