Pod Your Reef

ATI Nanobox Retro reviews and opinions

McCune

Hi I was wondering if I could ask you about you light. I currently have s cadlights 50 long running and have an old ati light kicking around in storage. I have been talking to Dave about making me a retro like yours. What do you like about the light or dislike? Is it worth the money or should I just upgrade to Radion Gen 4 pros?

I'm a BIG T5/Led combo guy. BIG. 

Also my favorite light I've ever owned was a retro kit I had for a 24in T5 aquaticlife fixture. 

Dual T5 w/ 4x Nano Box V3s and bluefish. Only required two plugs. 

Radion is cool but idk. Ati/nano box combo is sort of a dream. I'll probably do it one day but a little over kill for my nano. 

awesome to hear you had a great experience with a Nanobox retro. I was starting to head towards the Radions but I have heard back from a few different people as to how much they love these hybrids so now I am really torn 

• Like 1

Mine is not ATI but a nanobox t5 hybrid and I love it. Nothing better than t5+nanobox imo!

Color is wow and helps with shadowing vs all led styles. Dave is great to work with. Just be patient as he is one guy so its not like you can just order a mass produced product off a website and have it at your house in two days. You are getting something hand built.

• Like 1

I have been talking with Dave about the fixture and the features it will come with. I love that Dave can also clean up and paint the ATI fixture a different color not a fan of the raw aluminum

• Like 1