inTank Media Baskets

Golden tip clove

Paddy42

Hi everyone!

I purchased golden tip clove from my LFS and have been told it's hard to get hold of for them and it's slow grower apparently.

Not sure if this is entirely true as mine has been in fish tank for just over a month and grew from 5 heads (when i purchased it) to 13 heads, as it stands for today.

It seems like its "roots" growing everyday. Whenever I look at it its roots reaching further and further onto my live rock.

When I bought it it was just tiny piece of rock, it was attached to. About 2cm in diameter. Now the roots overtaking my live rock in every direction and if I was measurion it from the further point on the live rock to the opposite end it's about 6cm stretch.

(Below pic from month ago and now)

Is this slow growing?

As even my GSP is not growing that fast... <confused> and GPS meant to spread like weed 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for all your input here.

20190324_093442.jpg

20190414_080028.jpg

• Like 1
campbell_wat

Not sure on the growth rate of these ones, but my anthelia in a fist sized clump on a LR went from that to the size of a small cantaloupe in about a month, while the gsp frag I got at the same time didn't grow a bit.

A common trend here is that some people cant get GSP to grow and some people can't stop it, and the same is true for most softies.... depends on your tank. I'd say a double in size is pretty good for a month though. And growth is usually exponential 😉 .

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Paddy42 said:

Hi everyone!

I purchased golden tip clove from my LFS and have been told it's hard to get hold of for them and it's slow grower apparently.

Not sure if this is entirely true as mine has been in fish tank for just over a month and grew from 5 heads (when i purchased it) to 13 heads, as it stands for today.

It seems like its "roots" growing everyday. Whenever I look at it its roots reaching further and further onto my live rock.

When I bought it it was just tiny piece of rock, it was attached to. About 2cm in diameter. Now the roots overtaking my live rock in every direction and if I was measurion it from the further point on the live rock to the opposite end it's about 6cm stretch.

(Below pic from month ago and now)

Is this slow growing?

As even my GSP is not growing that fast... <confused> and GPS meant to spread like weed 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you for all your input here.

20190324_093442.jpg

20190414_080028.jpg

Some clove Polyps can grow really fast. The good thing is they are easy to remove if they become a problem.  😊