SaltCritters.com

Condy anemenone with frogspawn?

CanYouHearMeMeow

CanYouHearMeMeow

I know it's a dice roll but what is your guy's experience with condy's?

Not really in it for my clowns to host,but am afraid it'll eat my 1in peppermint shrimp lol.

He's beautiful but wanting other opinions first before I dive in. 

IMG_3939.JPG

Condy nems can sting coral, and potentially eat fish and move about your tank.  I'm not sure how vulnerable your shrimp might be.  They are a risky addition to any reef tank.  They might prove to be a better fit for a macro dominate tank.  I've been tempted a couple of times, but have always resisted getting one.

• Like 1
CanYouHearMeMeow
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Condy nems can sting coral, and potentially eat fish and move about your tank.  I'm not sure how vulnerable your shrimp might be.  They are a risky addition to any reef tank.  They might prove to be a better fit for a macro dominate tank.  I've been tempted a couple of times, but have always resisted getting one.

I was weighing pros and cons myself..I'd hate to bring a foreign thing in my reef and it just destroy everything. Some condy's are well behaved and other are monsters. It's not like they can talk and tell us lol. I just figured a $13 anemenone would be a better trial than a $50+ one. From what I read anemenone's are a pain any way..I just never imagined a reef without one lol