Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tale of Three Tanks (inland_reef)

inland_reef

On 6/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, inland_reef said:

Y’all get to see it here first before tomorrow’s Instagram post. I got my new light early for my macro tank! Love the new look because now I can see all my mangroves and their impressive growth! They are no longer hidden. As much as the desk lamp and ikea bulb did the job, I couldn’t get the full enjoyment of the tank with it blocking my trees lol. Enjoy the pictures!

363FF28F-4EB4-463E-9510-86EF05563F3C.jpeg

22E965F1-0511-4F03-9AB7-013A44606EA2.jpeg

B854C2BA-7383-440D-AB6B-3DEF499E39D2.jpeg

Looks amazing with the new light!!!

• Thanks 1
inland_reef
On 6/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, Christopher Marks said:

I really love your macro algae reef tank @inland_reef, what a unique and beautiful thing!

Will you be moving all the tanks to a new place at the end of the month?

Just got approved for our new place! We’ll be moving into our new apartment August 1st. Luckily it’s three blocks from our current place. All the tanks will be moved and I already have plans for another macro tank (hahaha I have a problem as my gf tells me). More room = more tanks...am I right?!?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
inland_reef

Been a few weeks since I’ve posted on here. TL;DR: got red flatworms = dead lps corals,

currently murdering all the flatworms to save lps (got coris wrasse to put in work), got more macros for the pico tank and a common prawn (super cool shrimp), got sebae nem and a carpet nem which stung the crap out of my wrist (extra sticky). That is all.

oh and I entered a picture into the monthly contest. Check it out

picture time! Enjoy.

BDF096EE-1D48-44EA-99F5-8EDAD975DF6D.jpeg

FF552921-F053-4AF3-AEA5-842EEAD86B94.jpeg

B6B9BC77-0CB9-49C1-BB94-9CD893C94FD9.jpeg

76B5B15F-3FB6-4842-932C-445623592B16.jpeg

3510E3E1-46B0-41B2-840E-AE02F1B275B2.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 6/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, inland_reef said:

No my anemone tank is the one with the canister filter. 

Cannister filter, you say? 🤔 What do you have in the baskets and what does your maintenance routine look like? I'm having a hard time finding a lot of info on how to use a cannisters for a marine setup. 

Just now, MollyJane22 said:

Cannister filter, you say? 🤔 What do you have in the baskets and what does your maintenance routine look like? I'm having a hard time finding a lot of info on how to use a cannisters for a marine setup. 

What you struggling with? Make sure that they're clean and remove any detritus. Keep an eye on Nitrates if you start to see them rise, it's probably clean out time. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

What you struggling with? Make sure that they're clean and remove any detritus. Keep an eye on Nitrates if you start to see them rise, it's probably clean out time. 

No struggles yet, as I'm not setup yet. 🙃 Seems like a lot of people claim they're "nitrate factories," but I feel like as long as you're cleaning them out properly, there should be no problem right?

33 minutes ago, MollyJane22 said:

No struggles yet, as I'm not setup yet. 🙃 Seems like a lot of people claim they're "nitrate factories," but I feel like as long as you're cleaning them out properly, there should be no problem right?

Yeah. They work in the same way as a HOB but physically closer to a sump. I think people assume they work the same way. 

• Thanks 1