Top Shelf Aquatics

Tale of Three Tanks (inland_reef)

inland_reef

inland_reef
24 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I want to see it moving

Just realized you can’t post videos on here. I did post a video to my Instagram story of it doing ab crunches if you want to see it moving. @inland_reef on Instagram

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
inland_reef
29 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

It's both gross and cool at the same time.  

Yea that’s exactly what I was thinking. Like now I know what’s inside the tube but at the same time go back in there... you’re scaring the children 😂😂

• Haha 3
inland_reef
29 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Hopefully it will be ok. They are so creepy out of the tube. 

I’m hoping so as well. Really liked the crown coloration on this one. I’m not sure what to do from here so I’m just gonna let it do it’s thing and monitor. 

• Like 2
inland_reef

Well the worm didn’t last long. Left to go get some sushi (sorry fish friends) and came back to a bristle worm munching on the free meal. So RIP... I pulled the feather duster out of the tank because this guy rotting would completely crash this small 3 gallon pico tank. He will be missed because I really liked the coloration of the crown. 

In other news, my parents got me gift cards to two of my favorite LFS and I picked up a Darwin bi colored hammer (purple and green). I had never heard them called this before but I guess it’s an Australian species of hammer corals from Darwin, Australia. I placed it next to my first ever coral I got and first hammer coral. I believe that it is a Darwin neon green hammer coral from what I learned today. I’ll post pictures tomorrow once the lights come back on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
19 minutes ago, inland_reef said:

Well the worm didn’t last long. Left to go get some sushi (sorry fish friends) and came back to a bristle worm munching on the free meal. So RIP... I pulled the feather duster out of the tank because this guy rotting would completely crash this small 3 gallon pico tank. He will be missed because I really liked the coloration of the crown. 

In other news, my parents got me gift cards to two of my favorite LFS and I picked up a Darwin bi colored hammer (purple and green). I had never heard them called this before but I guess it’s an Australian species of hammer corals from Darwin, Australia. I placed it next to my first ever coral I got and first hammer coral. I believe that it is a Darwin neon green hammer coral from what I learned today. I’ll post pictures tomorrow once the lights come back on. 

Poor worm. ☹️

Yay Hammer. 🙂

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
1 hour ago, inland_reef said:

Which LFS?

ChristopherDido
17 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Which LFS?

I'm gonna guess Seascape. I saw that same hammer and have one of those $5 a head hammers in my pico. Just a guess though

inland_reef
On 5/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

Which LFS?

I got the Darwin bicolor hammer at Corner Reef. My parent’s got me a gift card there for my birthday. I got the two gold tipped frogspawns, a bicolor frogspawn, neon green frogspawn, a splatter wall hammer and some cheap $5 head hammers from seascape. My LPS tank is filling up. The last photo I posted was with all those new additions as I transition to LPS dominated. 

inland_reef

So today I got a DM from the manager at Art of Aquaria. I have been eyeing his reddish/pink with gold tipped frogspawn that has been in his display tank for some time. I had asked him a while back if he ever fragged it, let me know. Well guess who finally got a frag!  So stocked that he was able to snip some heads off three heads from the big colony. I can’t wait to see them open up in the tank and fill in the back area to create some depth of field. Pictures will be coming soon! 

@ChristopherDido @This guy is extra salty We still meeting up tomorrow at Art of Aquaria? I don’t know if I’ll be able to stay till 6 but I can for sure do 5.

• Like 3
This guy is extra salty
56 minutes ago, inland_reef said:

So today I got a DM from the manager at Art of Aquaria. I have been eyeing his reddish/pink with gold tipped frogspawn that has been in his display tank for some time. I had asked him a while back if he ever fragged it, let me know. Well guess who finally got a frag!  So stocked that he was able to snip some heads off three heads from the big colony. I can’t wait to see them open up in the tank and fill in the back area to create some depth of field. Pictures will be coming soon! 

@ChristopherDido @This guy is extra salty We still meeting up tomorrow at Art of Aquaria? I don’t know if I’ll be able to stay till 6 but I can for sure do 5.

I can do 5pm I have unexpected family in town 🤦‍♂️ Wanting to see my son. @ChristopherDido can you PayPal me? I can leave the lid with art of aquaria I’m sure David wouldn’t mind. @inland_reef funny thing I almost bought that frogspawn today when I was getting RO 

ChristopherDido
5 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I can do 5pm I have unexpected family in town 🤦‍♂️ Wanting to see my son. @ChristopherDido can you PayPal me? I can leave the lid with art of aquaria I’m sure David wouldn’t mind. @inland_reef funny thing I almost bought that frogspawn today when I was getting RO 

I think I can be there at 5, just may have my little one in tow... If that changes I can PayPal you for the lid

inland_reef

Big update. I’m messing around with the tanks a lot. Y’all ever stare at your tanks and go, “I know how I can make this better!”? That’s me this last month. 

The LPS tank has a little green hair algae outbreak but I’m trying to keep the nutrients high for the new sun corals. The good thing is the all black sun coral is already starting to grow new heads, so I guess I’m doing something right. I also picked up a green frogspawn from my local reef club donor program at the monthly meeting. It’s already looking great in the tank. 

The macro algae tank is getting a lighting upgrade soon! 🙂 Waiting for it to come in the mail. With the advice of a friend @atlasaqua on Instagram, I purchased a Finnex clip on led. I really can’t wait to remove the desk lamp so I can see the incredible growth from my mangroves. They are already putting out new pairs of leaves and growing at a crazy rate. Dirty water for the win (month 5 of no water change!)

The anemone tank is finally being converted back to what it was meant to be in the first place. All nems! ... well there  are a few shrooms left I just couldn’t get rid of lol. Traded in the rest of the mushrooms for a big green bubble tip anemone. Also picked up a strain of rainbow bubble tip that the owner of the lfs said splits like crazy. They currently had at least 15 in their tank, which supposedly came from the original 4 they added. I changed up the scape a little and continued the slope down from the right to the left. Excited to move to a new apartment so I can get the gorgonians off the sandbed to their 40b macro tank 2.0 and open up that area for a larger carpet anemone 😁

enjoy the photos!

583D3F65-B437-4477-BA24-E747286AD043.jpeg

AD00C8F3-FFAC-4C0F-A422-80888A00146A.jpeg

7C2B9830-0ED5-47B0-837B-A3A8D5F06F01.jpeg

A7815C66-1405-4803-A645-30EF8652D7A6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
11 minutes ago, inland_reef said:

Big update. I’m messing around with the tanks a lot. Y’all ever stare at your tanks and go, “I know how I can make this better!”? That’s me this last month. 

The LPS tank has a little green hair algae outbreak but I’m trying to keep the nutrients high for the new sun corals. The good thing is the all black sun coral is already starting to grow new heads, so I guess I’m doing something right. I also picked up a green frogspawn from my local reef club donor program at the monthly meeting. It’s already looking great in the tank. 

The macro algae tank is getting a lighting upgrade soon! 🙂 Waiting for it to come in the mail. With the advice of a friend @atlasaqua on Instagram, I purchased a Finnex clip on led. I really can’t wait to remove the desk lamp so I can see the incredible growth from my mangroves. They are already putting out new pairs of leaves and growing at a crazy rate. Dirty water for the win (month 5 of no water change!)

The anemone tank is finally being converted back to what it was meant to be in the first place. All nems! ... well there  are a few shrooms left I just couldn’t get rid of lol. Traded in the rest of the mushrooms for a big green bubble tip anemone. Also picked up a strain of rainbow bubble tip that the owner of the lfs said splits like crazy. They currently had at least 15 in their tank, which supposedly came from the original 4 they added. I changed up the scape a little and continued the slope down from the right to the left. Excited to move to a new apartment so I can get the gorgonians off the sandbed to their 40b macro tank 2.0 and open up that area for a larger carpet anemone 😁

enjoy the photos!

583D3F65-B437-4477-BA24-E747286AD043.jpeg

AD00C8F3-FFAC-4C0F-A422-80888A00146A.jpeg

7C2B9830-0ED5-47B0-837B-A3A8D5F06F01.jpeg

A7815C66-1405-4803-A645-30EF8652D7A6.jpeg

Everything looks great!! 😃

And that anenome pic! 😍

inland_reef
On 5/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, WV Reefer said:

Everything looks great!! 😃

And that anenome pic! 😍

Thanks! Yea, that’s the new anemone I hope splits a million times and fills this tank 😂. I think everything is coming along nicely. Counting down the days to moving. Checking out apartments this weekend and getting prepared to sign a new lease in July!  It’s getting exciting... more room equals more tanks right?!?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, inland_reef said:

Thanks! Yea, that’s the new anemone I hope splits a million times and fills this tank 😂. I think everything is coming along nicely. Counting down the days to moving. Checking out apartments this weekend and getting prepared to sign a new lease in July!  It’s getting exciting... more room equals more tanks right?!?

That is exciting!!! omgomgomg

MOAR TANKS!!

• Haha 1
inland_reef
On 6/1/2019 at 11:05 AM, This guy is extra salty said:

When that nem splits I’ll buy it off you

I’ll let ya know when it splits!

inland_reef

Y’all get to see it here first before tomorrow’s Instagram post. I got my new light early for my macro tank! Love the new look because now I can see all my mangroves and their impressive growth! They are no longer hidden. As much as the desk lamp and ikea bulb did the job, I couldn’t get the full enjoyment of the tank with it blocking my trees lol. Enjoy the pictures!

363FF28F-4EB4-463E-9510-86EF05563F3C.jpeg

22E965F1-0511-4F03-9AB7-013A44606EA2.jpeg

B854C2BA-7383-440D-AB6B-3DEF499E39D2.jpeg

• Like 5
inland_reef
5 hours ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Is this the one with the canister filter?

No my anemone tank is the one with the canister filter. 

• 3 weeks later...