Pod Your Reef

colinadam

A close up of the ORA Birdsnest, the polyp extension is crazy. 

And I will leave it with the look at LPS island. No more room at the inn there! 

20190527_104609.jpg

20190527_104917.jpg

• Like 1
banasophia

Wow!! Great additions... can’t wait to see how all your SPS does. Are you still using stock lights at this point? 

Yep, still doing the stock lights. The green birdsnest was the Guinea Pig, I have always found those to be hardy, as are Monti's. 

I've started some dosing, adding Reef Complete twice a week and large weekly water changes. 

Thinking of fish stocking but I'm still a month away from pulling the trigger. 

Options for semi aggressive:

Neon Dottyback

Jewel Damsel (saw one of these at the LFS Friday and it's a beautiful fish)

Options for peaceful: 

Helfrichi Firefish

Royal Gramma or Clown variety 

Decisions decisions lol 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, colinadam said:

Yep, still doing the stock lights. The green birdsnest was the Guinea Pig, I have always found those to be hardy, as are Monti's. 

I've started some dosing, adding Reef Complete twice a week and large weekly water changes. 

Thinking of fish stocking but I'm still a month away from pulling the trigger. 

Options for semi aggressive:

Neon Dottyback

Jewel Damsel (saw one of these at the LFS Friday and it's a beautiful fish)

Options for peaceful: 

Helfrichi Firefish

Royal Gramma or Clown variety 

Decisions decisions lol 

That jewel damsel looks pretty cool. But my vote would be for the Helfrich Firefish.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, colinadam said:

Walked in to get water, walked out with a Rainbow Acan 👍

20190608_153828.jpg

Nice, can’t go wrong with an acan!

Decided to go the peaceful route with the tank, added a Helfrichi today. Price was too good to pass up from the LFS. 

20190609_145718.jpg

20190609_145619.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Also decided on the next fish, down the road. A Forktail Blenny. Almost got this guy instead but went Helfrichi. Hope I can find another like him later on easily. 

This picture does not do this fish justice. 

20190609_145550.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, colinadam said:

Decided to go the peaceful route with the tank, added a Helfrichi today. Price was too good to pass up from the LFS. 

20190609_145718.jpg

20190609_145619.jpg

Love the firefish!

Got some zoas onto some rock, cant wait for them to spread. 

The Frogspawn is doing awesome, had to move the powerhead to accommodate it. 

My SPS could be better. The Milli was probably a little too low, looks pretty rust colored currently, hoping it colors up. The Digi's are good as is the green birdsnest, which blends in beautifully with the rockwork 😂 

No major additions planned, after today I want to keep my hands out of the tank and let it grow! 

Do want to get the few remaining items on the frag rack set and that out of there, and organize the bottom left corner of the tank, where my zoa garden is going to be. 

20190616_170805.jpg

• Like 2

Wow that Helfrichi looks amazing!! Especially with that frogspawn backdrop, beautiful!

I almost got a forktail blenny today...but then read up how they are venomous and like to bite fingers, and I'm a scaredy cat so went with a bicolor blenny instead.

I read that about the forktail blenny too, I never heard of that fish before I saw it and was surprised about it being venomous. 

I had a bicolor blenny back in the day with my old tank, you will love it, had a cool personality, liked to perch on the rocks and just chill. Herbavore though so keep that in mind feeding the guy 😃 

Well the Helfrichi condo is going to become a Helfrichi Townhouse. 

Have been loving the IM 30L tank builds on here, showed the better half some and he was fine with getting another tank so we picked up a 30L this morning. 

The biocube will stay as is until September, that's when we are planning to start the 30L, after that the Biocube will be turned into a freshwater setup (since he wants to have a freshwater setup). Not planning on any additions to the cube, just sit back, let things grow and then move them over in the fall. 

I didn't expect the SPS and fish bug to hit me again so quickly. Looking forward to having more options with both. 

20190623_120716.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hit a LFS and walked out with a small Yellow Coris Wrasse. He is going to be a great addition to the 30L that's going to get wet in about a month. 

Also pictured cyano (that will teach me to move the powerhead), aiptasia and awful glare. Not going into the picture HOF by any means. 

20190707_160923-01.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

About 2 weeks from getting the 30L started up. 

Figured one last FTS of the Biocube before it turns into a FW setup 

20190811_095504-01.jpeg

20190811_095728.jpg

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Well the 30L was short lived. Had some carpet surfers (through the mesh no less) and dinos. Back to the Biocube 16 world haha. 

Its now the Gladiator and Black Ice Clown pair condo with the occasional sighting of a Pom Pom Crab! 

20200603_195546.jpg

20200523_150027.jpg

• Sad 1

Yeah, went carpet surfing twice. Got through the stock mesh lid that IM tanks have, I caught him in time, ordered new mesh but 2 days later jumped again when I was at work. That was a bummer 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a good FTS, a closeup of the Zoa garden and caught my Pom Pom Crab 🦀 in mid scavenge. 

Took advantage of the AquaSD sale as well as some stuff from Jason Fox's site, next weekend should be pretty good 👍 

20200614_203131-01.jpeg

20200614_203140-01.jpeg

20200613_182917-01.jpeg

• Like 2