Innovative Marine Aquariums

William

15 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Oh man.  Sorry to hear. RIP baby cherub.  

Yea.... 

im kinda surprised by it .... I fed the anemone right before lights out, so I kinda wonder if the fish tried to pick food out of it and got stung ....

Snow_Phoenix
8 minutes ago, William said:

4D3E1E5A-B884-4387-9225-56C6F92FB98E.jpeg

AE215154-15E9-4EA4-AAAE-88B7053F3793.jpeg

A8B070A0-A7A3-4697-9E09-F9DD3BDA9CBC.jpeg

One quick warning about the flower shrimp - we call them bamboo shrimp over here, and they're exclusively filter feeders and need extremely high flow. They also have a high mortality rate if not kept well. Otherwise, they're pretty cool to watch. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

One quick warning about the flower shrimp - we call them bamboo shrimp over here, and they're exclusively filter feeders and need extremely high flow. They also have a high mortality rate if not kept well. Otherwise, they're pretty cool to watch. 

The flow is pretty high on the planted pico, and I have kept this species before. Thanks for the advice tho 

1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Is all of that going in the contest tank?

Yup (the clownfish will get sent to my larger tank when it gets larger) 

On 5/1/2019 at 3:37 PM, William said:

May 1st FTS

F0DBFF63-C771-4C85-B73E-B1B79E9FCB52.jpeg

How do you like the Kessil a80? I am debating on buying a used one local to me, even though I have nothing to use it for yet.

1 hour ago, ef4life said:

How do you like the Kessil a80? I am debating on buying a used one local to me, even though I have nothing to use it for yet.

I think it is sufficient for this sized tank, but it’s not a super powerful light, and I like the spectrum from my Nanobox better. I got my light used and only paid about $85, so at that price point I think it was worth it. I probably would mark pay $130 (full price) for it. 

The max size tank I would put it out would be a 12” cube. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I painted my surface skimmer white.... not sure it makes it any better looking though, thoughts? I have one of each 

0141ED85-EBB1-4D21-B012-2EE408D1ABE8.jpeg

3 hours ago, William said:

So I painted my surface skimmer white.... not sure it makes it any better looking though, thoughts?

My only thought would be to put the HOB on the side of the tank (possibly making the surface skimmer less visible).

I went ahead and put in an order with Dave at Nanoboxreef for a Tide.  I like the Kessil A80, but prefer the spectrum I get from my NBR duo oon my main tank better. Should have it in a few weeks. Then I’ll sell the Kessil 

• Like 5

I modified the surface skimmer again and glued some frags onto it, hopefully this will make it less ugly. I also pained the powerhead and put it in the left corner, hopefully when the dragons breath macro grows, it will hide the powerhead. 

as you can see, I'm right in the middle of a diatom bloom..... so the tank is kinda ugly 

IMG_4377.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4385.jpg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, ef4life said:

Looks good, frags glued on the skimmer pipe hid it well, I barely noticed it.

yea im hoping that with some Coraline growth the surface skimmer and powerhead willl be unoticable 

• Like 1