Coral Vue Hydros

William

That's how mine is. The reef has a construction paper backing so that it very subtly lets a bit of light from the rear but has it's own light.

Christopher Marks
On 4/14/2019 at 12:42 PM, William said:

So I move apts In June and May relocate my Red snapping shrimp to my pico when I move. 

That will be a cool shrimp to feature in your pico reef! Will this be your first time moving the other tank? At least picos transport easily 😄 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That will be a cool shrimp to feature in your pico reef! Will this be your first time moving the other tank? At least picos transport easily 😄 

Yes this will be my first move 🙏

• Like 1

And now with life. (all sand and rock came from my existing aquarium, as well as marinepure balls) I waited 5 hours and then did a water test (all clean). I then moved my wayward anemone to his new home. 

6AF5E4DB-82EB-4C39-A028-CD40C0E593FB.jpeg

*side note, for anyone new to saltwater aquariums, please do not do what I have done and add livestock to your tank the same day you set it up. This is generally a big “no no.” 

• Like 6

I bought some dragons breath Macro Algae to put on there (should arrive later this week).

here is a last picture of everything together. 

1EF7CF1D-D6DE-4F4E-BD1C-9F0721706409.jpeg

• Like 6
Christopher Marks

I love the duo, they look great side by side! Even cooler you carried the sand bed depth over! Great to see this up and running as an anemone tank, picos are great to focus on certain specimens. Any other additions you have in mind?

11 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

I love the duo, they look great side by side! Even cooler you carried the sand bed depth over! Great to see this up and running as an anemone tank, picos are great to focus on certain specimens. Any other additions you have in mind?

I may have already gotten something ....(currently in quarantine), kinda breaks all the rules (will move to my RSR when it gets bigger) and the **** police may arrest me (not a tang, don’t worry). 

** I’m pretty much breaking all of the “good husbandry” rules in one day... 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2
4 hours ago, William said:

im not sure I love the spectrum my Kessil A80 is putting out

I'm sort of in the same boat.  The spectrum of the white channel on my fixture is more red and yellow than I'd like.  Anyway, nice start.

8 hours ago, William said:

I may have already gotten something ....(currently in quarantine), kinda breaks all the rules (will move to my RSR when it gets biggerand the **** police may arrest me (not a tang, don’t worry).

So when do you reveal the juvenile clown?

5 hours ago, seabass said:

I'm sort of in the same boat.  The spectrum of the white channel on my fixture is more red and yellow than I'd like.  Anyway, nice start.

No clown, my LFS had a 1/2” ****** *********

5 hours ago, seabass said:

And I’m going to see if I can stomach it, if

not I may have to see what Dave at NBR has laying around. 

The anemone is not cooperating, I had to make a screen for the power filter intake .... 🤦🏻‍♂️.... 

Ill be picking up some additional rock today, should hopefully be able to finish the scape. 

2007B968-D206-4375-AEB8-93742F62F03C.jpeg

3903DEAA-0ECD-490D-A766-52D3B79D373A.jpeg

• Like 4
mariahranch
17 hours ago, William said:

I may have already gotten something ....(currently in quarantine), kinda breaks all the rules (will move to my RSR when it gets bigger) and the **** police may arrest me (not a tang, don’t worry). 

** I’m pretty much breaking all of the “good husbandry” rules in one day... 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think several of us may be “breaking some rules” or perhaps pushing the limits of what is expected in a pico tank. Hopefully we will all be able to manage our adventurous decisions and prove the rules were wrong!

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, mariahranch said:

I think several of us may be “breaking some rules” or perhaps pushing the limits of what is expected in a pico tank. Hopefully we will all be able to manage our adventurous decisions and prove the rules were wrong!

I think as long as you have a backup plan/system for when a fish outgrows the pico, you are fine. I was looking for a cherub for my larger tank so he/she will grow up a bit in the pico then go to my bigger tank. 

• Like 3