Pod Your Reef

William

3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Absolutely stunning. Your coral choices are great. Changing to the nano box tide was a good move. So much POP! 

Thanks, and I can’t agree more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, but this tank has had a series of pretty substantial setbacks. Over thanksgiving my ATO malfunctioned (I unplugged it to plug in my laptop and forgot to plug it back in). I came home to all of my SPS dead and SG Of 1.30, after slowly bringing that back to normal the dinoflagellates  I battled early in the tanks journey returned and through contamination spread to my main tank. I am currently battling them on two fronts.   

to say that this has been discouraging to me is quite an understatement. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Damn, sorry to hear about the ATO and subsequent dino outbreak, resilient buggers are never truly gone once they get themselves set up...

Yea, and I am battling them in both tanks.... I may have to shut this one down if I can’t get it back up and running soon 

Hopefully not, I had large-cell amphi which stayed low and took a long time to start fading away... I still keep my nitrates at 15+ and phos at .2 after the experience, even with that there are still colonies on my rocks threatening to come back if I goof up; dosed N03 +p04, added pods, dosed phyto, no waterchanges for like 2 months, tons of manual removal, dosed metroplex, brought alk up to 14, was a real headache.

I hope you're able to get things sorted

• 3 weeks later...

Due to ongoing issues with Dino’s, I am shutting this tank down. I will be keeping all the equipment and may start it back up later on in the spring. 

• Sad 3
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Too bad. At least you won't be tankless. Is that a word?

Yes, all is the livestock will be going into my main aquarium (after a peroxide bath). 

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this.

I’ve been having a bunch of issues with my pico as well. So frustrating. Not sure what the deal is with these picos. Maybe it has something to do with them being so efficient at processing nutrients. 

Hope you can beat the dinos in your main tank. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...