Top Shelf Aquatics

Hannah’s tank journal

Hannahhhh

Its taken with a camera lens filter. 

Im almost 90% sure. 

Assume your never going to get exact photo quality from anything you buy online. 

The only way your gaurentee'd something is if you bought it in person, and even then there are still chances it will not be exact when you take it home under different lighting. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Hmm that's really weird. I've always thought about ordering but that is a pretty big difference

Oh well. They’re still pretty, and I’m glad that they arrived healthy!

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 hours ago, Hannahhhh said:

Oh well. They’re still pretty, and I’m glad that they arrived healthy!

Yeah that's always a plus 😁. I wonder with time what it'll look like.

Very sad news. I’m almost positive that my little pom pom has died. I noticed a few days ago that he was missing a pom pom (an anemone) on one side as well as the claw on that side. I’ve been making a point of feeding him directly since then and making sure that I see him eating. This morning I found a “dead” pom pom. I was hopeful it was just a molt, but a few hours later, I found a second one being eaten by my snails. I only had one pom pom crab, so I assume he molted and then died shortly after. He had so much personality for a little crab, I’m sad that he is gone. I’m not sure what happened to him, I assume it was related to whatever happened to his claw. 

• Sad 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

Very sad news. I’m almost positive that my little pom pom has died. I noticed a few days ago that he was missing a pom pom (an anemone) on one side as well as the claw on that side. I’ve been making a point of feeding him directly since then and making sure that I see him eating. This morning I found a “dead” pom pom. I was hopeful it was just a molt, but a few hours later, I found a second one being eaten by my snails. I only had one pom pom crab, so I assume he molted and then died shortly after. He had so much personality for a little crab, I’m sad that he is gone. I’m not sure what happened to him, I assume it was related to whatever happened to his claw. 

aww bummer, sorry he didn't make it, that sucks

• Sad 1

It happens sometimes, maybe the pom poms weren't catching food.  I've had luck with a pom pom in a 100 gallon, she disappeared first day and didn't see her for a year lol.

On 5/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, 748S911 said:

Doesn't look like the same coral, mouths are different in both pics, yours is orange  and no black dots around it. 

I would agree 😕 The mouth color should be the same, and the dots wouldn't change color...

The aquasd pic looks heavily edited, but even then, it doesn't look like the the same RFA. I know they are nice, and probably have good customer service but that really doesn't look like the same anemone.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, yoshii said:

I would agree 😕 The mouth color should be the same, and the dots wouldn't change color...

The aquasd pic looks heavily edited, but even then, it doesn't look like the the same RFA. I know they are nice, and probably have good customer service but that really doesn't look like the same anemone.

I hadn’t even considered that maybe they sent me the wrong RFA. I wonder if I should contact them about that. I kinda doubt they would say if it was the wrong one though 

This guy is extra salty
On 5/18/2019 at 2:57 AM, Hannahhhh said:

Thanks! I’m so psyched!

Can you send his schedule to me? I’d like to try it out!

You could’ve just asked 😂 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, This guy is extra salty said:

You could’ve just asked 😂 

Lol could you actually send it to me? I can’t get the link he sent to work. Thank you! 😊 If possible could you just send a picture of your schedule? I think that would be easier for me to work with!

• Like 1
On 5/18/2019 at 7:56 PM, BearTheSquare said:

I’d also like to see the pics of the corals, I’ve been thinking about ordering some zoas from them similar to the ones you ordered.

Here’s the zoas now that they’re more open. 

DC1DC3FF-24B4-4CB6-868F-C16B3E7F6483.jpeg

39767DE1-100D-45A5-AFA5-FC6E01992D45.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
pricewayne
1 minute ago, Hannahhhh said:

B4577483-31C3-4E83-AE9A-2D7F595492AD.jpeg

7F070C10-AFAC-40D5-8231-65BAD292C708.jpeg

335F420E-4471-4DF9-9967-754736E739D0.jpeg

Serious envy for that feather duster. It's so nice!

& your goby peeking out of its rock cave is adorable.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, pricewayne said:

Serious envy for that feather duster. It's so nice!

& your goby peeking out of its rock cave is adorable.

Thanks! I love the feather duster too! And lol as soon as I saw the goby I thought I have to take a picture! He hides a ton, so when he comes out it’s photo time!

72E3E402-D64F-4195-8A76-BAD2FD1E8486.png

• Like 9
49 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

Awesome!!  So glad you like them.  😀

They’re amazing! The magnets are so strong that they don’t even budge when I bump into them! Plus the level of detail in the paint is fantastic 👌 it looks so natural! I’m so glad I ordered them from you! 

• Like 2
BearTheSquare
5 hours ago, Hannahhhh said:

Here’s the zoas now that they’re more open. 

DC1DC3FF-24B4-4CB6-868F-C16B3E7F6483.jpeg

39767DE1-100D-45A5-AFA5-FC6E01992D45.jpeg

Those look pretty close to the picture honestly, how are you feeling about them? I think they look good!

48 minutes ago, BearTheSquare said:

Those look pretty close to the picture honestly, how are you feeling about them? I think they look good!

I wish they were a bit pinker, but I agree, they’re quite similar. They’re still adjusting to my tank so they’re closed most of the time. 

Has anyone had any success transplanting a mushroom off of a frag plug? I don’t like the way the frag plug looks, but a also don’t want to kill my mushroom.