Top Shelf Aquatics

MACNA 2019 N-R meet up?

lkoechle

MACNA is going to be at the Swan and Dolphin Resort at Disney in Orlando, Fl this year.

https://macnaconference.org/2019/

I will actually be able to go. I know in past years NR members have tried to meet up.  Anyone interested this year? we can explore the conference and have dinner at Disney Springs (formerly downtown disney) or one of the resort restaurants.

• Like 4
  • 4 months later...
Christopher Marks

I was amazed to see MACNA 2020 is going to be right in my neighborhood! We'll definitely do something fun 🙂 

I sure wish I could make it to Orlando this year, I miss seeing everyone!

• Like 2
NoOneLikesADryTang

I think we’ve got a handful of people from

the Valley of the Sun here on NR. I’m really looking forward to MACNA 2020, all though I wish they wouldn’t have done it when it’s 110 here. 

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'd love to go and meet up with you guys. That's too far though... Question for you guys and gals that go out of state, do you actually buy things? If you do how do you even bring them back with you?

12 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'd love to go and meet up with you guys. That's too far though... Question for you guys and gals that go out of state, do you actually buy things? If you do how do you even bring them back with you?

Next year’s MACNA in Phoenix, DS... we all gotta make it happen... nano-reef meetup!! 🤗

As for traveling with corals, it wasn’t out of state, but traveling from SoCal to NorCal with my new livestock after RAP this past weekend was quite the learning experience. I had picked up a new pipe organ and some rock flower nems... luckily the guy at Reef Legends that sold me the rock flowers threw in some Zen Reef coral containers when I told him I was about to catch a flight. 

C66ABFB3-A01E-4735-94D2-4EE0F0CD3B71.thumb.jpeg.25352505214d0420bd4b1774531bd37e.jpeg

Unfortunately the TSA agents at LAX were not all familiar with their rules and kept looking at my new additions and saying “you can’t fly with this” and I was whipping out my iPad and showing them pics of my tank to prove I was legit, saying “umm... yes... I can... people do it all the time” and asked them to talk with their manager as I was looking up the info on the TSA website... they whisked my babies away, but then finally a guy (presumably the manager) brought them back and handed them to me and told me I was “all clear.” 😅 The rest of the experience was uneventful... I’ll definitely have the links from their website handy next time. 

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-coral

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/items/live-fish

• Like 2
  • Wow 1