Innovative Marine Aquariums

pepp shrimp and duncan

Belikin

Last night I saw a peppermint shrimp picking at a duncan coral. Was he just cleaning it, or attacking it? It closed up while this was happening, and it looks OK this morning. I've just never seen that happen before.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
7 minutes ago, Belikin said:

Last night I saw a peppermint shrimp picking at a duncan coral. Was he just cleaning it, or attacking it? It closed up while this was happening, and it looks OK this morning. I've just never seen that happen before.

I have had horrible experience with peppermint shrimp. Don’t trust them. Banish them to the fuge or LFS. 

9 minutes ago, Belikin said:

Shrimp will steal food from corals. Some shrimp like Peppermints can/will actively eat corals. 

I would keep an eye out. 

Shrimps often irritate corals by stealing food.

Unfortunately, peppermints are known to also eat corals. Some luck out to never experience this while others haven't been so lucky

• Like 2