Top Shelf Aquatics

Coral Banded Shrimp eating Zoas?

3s1k

Saturday I turned the lights on the tank and notice the Coral banded shrimp was hovering over a Zoa frag plug I bought a few weeks ago. I flipped the lights and it moved away. Zoas looked perfectly fine.

Today I get home after work and I see the frag plug is completely empty. All is left is the plug and the super glue. Not one piece of Zoa or any scraps.

I searched the tank to see if the Zoas just broke loose from the glue and floated somewhere. I couldn't find anything. Anyone ever experience this? Snails, hermits and the Coral Banded Shrimp are the only live stock.

Chris's Fishes

While I wouldn't put it past ANY shrimp to take advantage of a coral when it's hungry (although I've never personally heard about any coral banded shrimp doing this), I'd say it's more likely he was just crawling around on it and searching for food, and maybe one of the CUC members knocked it off into a cranny somewhere. I'd watch him just in case, but I doubt he ate them, personally.

• 2 weeks later...