Cultivated Reef

New green toadstool coral

Paddy42

Hi all,

My friend had recently few frags to give away and asked me if I want some shroomies.

I thought it would be pretty cool to grow some in the my tank as it seems to be greeny/bluey.

And looks gorgeous with blue LED lights 🤩 pic attached.

So he gave me 4 tiny ones.

2 frags, 2 shroomies on each.

So I just wondered how fast they grow.

What would I expect in half a year?

Because if they will grow too fast I'll probably give 2 away to someone.

Not sure what the conditions for corals are in my tank.

I do feed corals once a week with reefroids.

LED lights: HIPARGERO: AQUA KNIGHT A029.

not sure if this help establish somehow growth of corals under these lights but my golden tip clover had 5 heads when i got it about 3 weeks ago. Now it has 10 heads (2 of them are not properly established but already can notice tiny feather like tentacleson the tip of the head) with roots literally spreading within days. And you can see the progress every day.

Zoas didn't really grow much I suppose. GSP spreading slowly as well but GSP has been a playgrand for my crabs as it is in their favorite spot 🤣🤣🤣 I moved it there as it was getting loads of algae-crap between little polyps.

So how you think? Tank is 60l so I will probably not be able to keep 4 shroomies after few years.

But want to know how long it takes for them to grow let's say.. to the night of "x" and spread in diameter by "y"

Thanks everyone for your input guys!

Well appreciated🤗

20190409_063059.jpg

I have a neon green toad in both my Fluval 13 and Nuvo10. Both doing well under different conditions. I am seeing noticeable growth in the fluval one but not something that will take over the tank from one day to another.

You should expect good growth with suitable conditions and parameters but nothing a little fragging won’t take care of,  should the footprint become bigger than wanted.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We have very little to base our opinions on unless you give us more info about the tank.  Usually this means relevant test results and at least one good tank pic that shows the coral and major tank hardware.

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 5/7/2019 at 11:58 AM, mcarroll said:

We have very little to base our opinions on unless you give us more info about the tank.  Usually this means relevant test results and at least one good tank pic that shows the coral and major tank hardware.

I just noticed that you have said the same exact thing for the past few coral threads😂. I just think it’s kinda funny that you are copying and pasting😂.