Cultivated Reef

coral frags please help

Kangster911

Kangster911

Hi. I am new to this hobby. Coral frags were on sale ($6.00) and I bought a few. Can anyone please help me ID them so I can look up more infornation on their care? (location in the tank, what to feed if any etc etc)

I will post pictures and will name the frag number #

Thank you so much in advance

frag #1

20190408_184911.jpg

Kangster911
12 minutes ago, falcooo said:

#2, closed up Zoas

#4, mystery acro

thank you. I remember asking for a Zoa and the guy saying one of them being a Brain and another a Blasto, although I cant really tell the difference between them an an Acan

1 leptastrea

2 closed up zoas

3 chalice

4 acropora

5 cyphastrea

6-7 favia/favites, can't tell on the top frag

A couple are probably wrong, but the corals were all pretty closed up in the pics which makes it difficult to tell. Just look up the corals tomorrow and try to piece it all together when they all open up more.

Kangster911
1 hour ago, Joevember said:

1 leptastrea

2 closed up zoas

3 chalice

4 acropora

5 cyphastrea

6-7 favia/favites, can't tell on the top frag

A couple are probably wrong, but the corals were all pretty closed up in the pics which makes it difficult to tell. Just look up the corals tomorrow and try to piece it all together when they all open up more.

You are amazing. I just did a quick google search and they all seem like a good match. Thank you so much for your help

Kangster911
35 minutes ago, TILTON said:

Did you ask the seller?

I did. It was a little busy and I did not want to hold the guy up for $6 corals. I remember him saying one being a Zoa, a Brain, a Blasto or something like that, but dont remember which is which. The Zoa looks nothing like the Zoas on the pictures I saw but maybe it is because it is closed up. All I asked him was I wanted some corals that grow slowly as I dont want one single species invading the whole tank

41 minutes ago, Kangster911 said:

You are amazing. I just did a quick google search and they all seem like a good match. Thank you so much for your help

Happy to help, if you get anything else, just ask 😁