Wendy

Wendy's Old School Pico Reef

This guy is extra salty

🤔

It is the off white like a sandy brown color.

I like that it’s different.

It’s nice to see how everyone’s setup is coming along. I think I’m totally sandbagging it behind the pack 😂 😭

• Like 1

Wendy

@This guy is extra salty

Gosh, I had to go investigate my sand... Yeah, it's not white & has darker pieces in it. Thanks, I'm glad it's appealing to someone besides me (;

OH NO! You have no sandbagging going on over there! You may not have your tank wet yet, but you're whole setup is custom & extra slick! 

• Like 1

Tigahboy

Tank is looking good, @Wendy. I like how the scape turned out.    

• Thanks 1

Wendy

Current FTS 

20190422_205654.thumb.jpg.f7d88d707503ddfaa3ec4bb43f949617.jpgI really couldn't dial into the side of my brain that is creative & envision how to arrange corals to make the old scape look good.

I went back to the LFS & dug through lots of cured live rock from a HUGE tank they just broke down.

I even took a paper with my tanks dimensions (tucked inside a clear plastic bag to keep it dry) that I used as a template to make sure I walked out of there with a rock I'd be happy with.

I'm also playing with different  backgrounds... Really gotta use something since from this view you would see a chair & our entryway on the other side of the tank.

The water parameters have been looking good. I'm just waiting for a diatom bloom or some algae growth before I add a cleanup crew.

My husband suggested that I just plop a clam in & call it a day...20190422_210324.thumb.jpg.68a944508874a215a986bc6b3a0bcfe9.jpg

Just playin' around -(;

The lil tank seems boring, but I see lots of brittle starfish, some snails, bristle worms & I do have a little ball anemone on this rock as well! 

I'll be sure to get some pics posted once I've gotten some decent shots.

In a week or so I may pick up a few frags, I'm not in a big hurry.

The other news is that my husband & I are taking a road trip to Florida next month to see family. This trip has been in the works for a few months now, but I will definitely be coral shopping while there.

We went 10 years ago & I brought back lots of coral for very awesome prices, hopefully I can find some great pieces again!

• Like 4

MetaTank

I like the new rock! I think it’s an excellent choice! 

• Thanks 1