Coral Vue Hydros

In tank filter and power head for 12g long

Smoke-Town

Hey guys. First post here. I'll be getting back into reefing soon after a 5-6 year break which is exciting for me. So I'm familiar with a bunch of stuff but I'm sure a million new things have come out since then and also never did a reef this small. I used to have a 90g mixed reef and a RSM 35g. 

So my main question is what is a good small in tank filter I can get to put a bag of chemipure in?

I'm trying to see if I can go minimalist on this reef so no sump and hob. I may give in to a small one if I can't find stuff aesthetically pleasing enough for the one side.

This is the 12g tank I'm using. Currently set a a planted freshwater but that stuff will be moving to a 30g if I close on this new house soon.

Secondly, I current use a koralia nano  power head in here which is ok... But what else would be recommended for a tank this size? Also my plan for the tank is sps and a RBTA so I remember reading that a certain power head is optimal for anemones that they can't get stuck in.

f7088e88-5a30-4126-93ad-c0a88016f11e.jpg

f073fdc8-b68a-459c-87dc-83392a04ef4b.jpg

ada09b16-b019-470f-ad3c-00e1e7d70a01.jpg

2 hours ago, Smoke-Town said:

Hey guys. First post here. I'll be getting back into reefing soon after a 5-6 year break which is exciting for me. So I'm familiar with a bunch of stuff but I'm sure a million new things have come out since then and also never did a reef this small. I used to have a 90g mixed reef and a RSM 35g. 

So my main question is what is a good small in tank filter I can get to put a bag of chemipure in?

I'm trying to see if I can go minimalist on this reef so no sump and hob. I may give in to a small one if I can't find stuff aesthetically pleasing enough for the one side.

This is the 12g tank I'm using. Currently set a a planted freshwater but that stuff will be moving to a 30g if I close on this new house soon.

Secondly, I current use a koralia nano  power head in here which is ok... But what else would be recommended for a tank this size? Also my plan for the tank is sps and a RBTA so I remember reading that a certain power head is optimal for anemones that they can't get stuck in.

f7088e88-5a30-4126-93ad-c0a88016f11e.jpg

f073fdc8-b68a-459c-87dc-83392a04ef4b.jpg

ada09b16-b019-470f-ad3c-00e1e7d70a01.jpg

Welcome back   😊

i use a powerhead at each end of my 12 gallon long and no filter. 

That's an awesome  little tank WV Reefer. I skimmed through many of those 82 pages😁. Awesome photography too. No filter at all. I like that even better for aesthetics. And my tank is also the Mr aqua.  Hope to get this ball rolling in a month or so.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Smoke-Town said:

That's an awesome  little tank WV Reefer. I skimmed through many of those 82 pages😁. Awesome photography too. No filter at all. I like that even better for aesthetics. And my tank is also the Mr aqua.  Hope to get this ball rolling in a month or so.

Thank you. 😀

try filterless....... you’ll like it. 😊

I’ll be following along to see what you get up to. 

Thank you. Will look into that second one although it seems pricey for a plastic shell with a little pump. Definitely going to try filterless but would like to have something like that on hand in case a bit extra is needed. Only planning on 3-4 fish though

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...