Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Setosa + Acan + Ricordea questions

Naekuh

Hello i have a few questions regarding these 3 corals.

The setosa i have has been growing real well, however will it encrust on the bottom as well as grow up top?

Will it get to a point where if i need to pull the plug off the epoxy i wont be able to do so anymore?

Here is the setosa i have right now.

My next question is my Acan.

Its also on a plug. It seems to have outgrown its plug tho. 

Well the heads that is, do i need to epoxy the plug to a rock to continue the growth or can i leave it on the plug and will it grow outwards?

Its currently on the sand bead. 

Lastly my Ricordea, it has split but its like just sitting there like twins who got into an arguement and wont look at each other.

Do i need to put it up against a rock to make one slowly move so one can reclaim the plug? 

What am i suposed to do with this?

Thanks in advance for any answers given. 

Setosa.jpg

Acan1.jpg

Ricordea+Acan.jpg

The setosa will eventually grow over the plug and onto rock 

The acan will just continue to grow new heads, no need to remove the plug.

The mushrooms are fine as they are and will continue to split and grow new ones. They can move on their own if not happy where they are.

Otherwise you would need to frag it if you don't like how it looks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks clown.

So i would need to make sure i like where my setosa is at before it encrusts onto the rock i assume. 

The Acan i will let it be, so how will it grow over the plug? will it just grow out sideways over the sandbed? 

And yeah the mushroom i look at it and go meh.... it looks like a sea monster with 2 green eyes that will gobble my acan, sometimes in how it folds like that, 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Naekuh said:

Thanks clown.

So i would need to make sure i like where my setosa is at before it encrusts onto the rock i assume. 

The Acan i will let it be, so how will it grow over the plug? will it just grow out sideways over the sandbed? 

And yeah the mushroom i look at it and go meh.... it looks like a sea monster with 2 green eyes that will gobble my acan, sometimes in how it folds like that, 

You can leave them on the plug or remove them. It’s really a personal choice. They both will cover the plugs eventually.