ReefCleaners.org

Tiny hitchhiking snail thing?

randofishguy

randofishguy

First time posting, very new to the hobby, only a few months into my first nano tank. Not quite ready to dive in and start sharing stuff, but I did notice this strange hitch hiker that came in on some live rock I got from LFS. Anyone able to identify? I read something about it possibly being a worm, but that thread said the worms wont move, and this little guy is moving. Thanks in advance! 🙂

IMG_6959.JPG

1 minute ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

The pictures kinda bad, but it looks like a limpet

+1

Does it look like a slug wearing a cone hat? if so it's probably a limpet. Harmless little algae-eaters, and good for your tank

Also, :welcome: to Nano-Reef!

• Like 3
randofishguy

That might be it. Sorry about the picture quality, that thing is tiny and I had to zoom all the way in. Only a few MM maybe a CM in length.

1 minute ago, dasrkrain said:

That might be it. Sorry about the picture quality, that thing is tiny and I had to zoom all the way in. Only a few MM maybe a CM in length.

No worries, some limpets stay really tiny

• Like 1
randofishguy
1 minute ago, yoshii said:

+1

Does it look like a slug wearing a cone hat? if so it's probably a limpet. Harmless little algae-eaters, and good for your tank

Also, :welcome: to Nano-Reef!

That's exactly what it looks like. I also think it's grown between now and yesterday. I'll keep this updated as it goes along. 

• Like 1
randofishguy

Just caught site of a Bristle Worm passing between two holes in that same live rock. Did a little research and general consensus is that they're considered beneficial, so I guess I lucked out twice with my hitch hikers, but I am hoping for no more surprises. 

Image from iOS.jpg

• Like 2