inTank Media Baskets

Eclipse's secret lagoon old school pico

Eclipse522

Be careful not to overdose iron.  Also, iron is important to cyano, so some people experience cyano blooms when dosing.

I'm not sure about Aquavitro Envy.  It looks like their Fuel product, but for planted aquariums.  You might still need a nitrate and phosphate source.

• 3 weeks later...

Love your macros! Having inhabitants will definitely help keep the algae fed!

Did you ever get a mandarin dragonet?

I think they are the coolest fish EVER!

I've never personally had one, b/c I didn't ever find a captive bred while I had a bigger tank set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Update time. My macroalgea has colored back up and growing.  I am not sure what did it. I changed out the light, reduced the cleaning, and dosing iron and nitrogen.  I did lose same macroalgea but I think the snails or hermit crab get to it. All animals appear to be doing ok.

20190609_135335.jpg

20190609_135252.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Eclipse522
On 5/29/2019 at 12:38 PM, Wendy said:

Love your macros! Having inhabitants will definitely help keep the algae fed!

Did you ever get a mandarin dragonet?

I think they are the coolest fish EVER!

I've never personally had one, b/c I didn't ever find a captive bred while I had a bigger tank set up.

I still have a great love for all dragonette. I do miss my little scooter. I have not bought one yet but I think I might buy a captive breed this following weekend. She/he will go straight to main tank. She/he will be coming from a nano tank breakdown.

Eclipse522

Here is part of my update. Planning on posting pictures tomorrow. I did finally add the last zoanthids. I did have to move one coral to my main tank because it was not doing good. All other corals are ok or better. The hermit crabs, feather dusters, and snails are well and alive. I did do a major macroalgea trim and a regular water change today. The green macroalgea is super happy. The mangrove is doing great, it has finally opened it's two leaves. The mangrove has actually straightened up and reaching for the light. I am still dosing iron and nitrogen.  

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

It is that time again. Looks like I lost two zoas frag. The macroalgea is doing great. I had to do a little trimming on it. The snails and hermit crabs are doing well. The mangrove is growing another set of leaves.

20190804_101146.jpg

20190804_101158.jpg

1564939122321453239716309016264.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

Today I found flat worms.  The worse part about this is that I dipped everything that I put in this tank.  Apparently, I did not do a good job. I found a cluster on the glass and some on the hairy mushroom. The mushroom does not appear to be affected by them but I plan on dipped it tomorrow and getting flat worm exit. Maybe this is why i lost two colonies of zoanthids. All the other corals appear normal, even the one sps is ok.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Still have flat worm because I still did not get flat worm exit. I killed the xenia by dipping it. All other coral is doing ok even the mushroom with the flatworms. I took out the some of the macroalgea for the last photo. And did a little re-arrangement because two of the coral plug kept fall out of place. The snail and hermit crabs are doing will. The tree has grown a few more leaves.

20190907_144035.jpg

20190907_144221.jpg

20190907_144119.jpg

15680024444547475878857945906524.jpg

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
Christopher Marks

Hi there @Eclipse522! Can you believe it has been 7 months already? 

This is a friendly reminder to post your final competition FTS and a 1 to 2 paragraph recap of your experience in the pico reef competition. Be sure to share your future plans for your pico reef as well, will it continue forward or get an upgrade? The competition ends on Sunday October 27th at midnight!

Thank you for being a part of the Old School Pico Reef Competition! ❤️ 

20191024_163841.thumb.jpg.95ff05092536d18fbc158c8e21e5db73.jpge             The two hermit crabs, two snails, and two feather dusters appear to be doing well. I had no loss of coral seen the last report. I have not seen any flatworms for a little bit. I have dipped the one hairy mushroom that had them on it. I have also added flatworm exit a couple of times. Probably going to do another treatment soon. I have notice that the isopod muunid are doing extremely well. They are all over the glass. The tree and the cheato are also doing extremely well. The cheatro has over flowed out of the filter were I put it. I need to trim that back soon

The future plans include removing the tree or moving the whole tank. The tree is getting too big for its current location. I need ideas for the tree because I want to keep it. I need to check care requirment to see alternatives ways to keep it. I do not think I can put it in the main tank. The snails and hermit crabs will be move to the main tank. The corals will stay in the little tank for a little longer. I am thinking about starting up my 40 gal tank to get a black frogfish.  The coral in the tink tank can go there. That is a maybe thing.  The feather duster will stay with the coral for a bit longer. That is it. Thanks for reading. 

20191024_163849.jpg

20191024_164326.jpg

• Like 3