ReefCleaners.org

Hammer coral frag? Help?

Mmotux

Well I just got this guy. First coral!! Seems to be doing well. Had him in the tank for about two hours? Very hammer coral I see they are very extended. This is not. Although it seems to get better while I’m eating. Should I be patient? How’s it look? Flow around coral is moderate I’d say 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks totally fine to me. They are just like most LPS and like "medium" flow and "medium" light, but they can adapt to pretty much anything. For reference, when you get a new coral, especially LPS, they may take several days to acclimate. I've had things be fully polyp'd out and open within minutes of being put in the tank and others take a couple weeks to look like they should.

Always give them time to acclimate to your tank by starting things down low to see how they do under your lighting and then move them up to where they will do best. Corals can live a really, really long time under low lighting and flow, but can bleach from over-lighting in short order.

• 2 weeks later...