Jump to content
SeaFurn

Seafurn's NOTORIOUS P-I-C-O featuring Got Corals

Recommended Posts

MetaTank
2 minutes ago, asting said:

Yes, but where will the heater fit?

I assume it will go on the left, that whole open chamber to the left of the media rack goes all the way to the bottom, since the pump for the Tidal is technically in the tank itself

Share this post


Link to post
asting

ah that makes sense!

 

I just looked over this filter on the site. The "maintenance" alert is pretty funny.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
7 minutes ago, asting said:

Yes, but where will the heater fit?

Yes, on the left side as Meta described.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
4 minutes ago, asting said:

ah that makes sense!

 

I just looked over this filter on the site. The "maintenance" alert is pretty funny.

Yeah that feature seems a little ridic. 🤪

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
kimdawg
14 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

I have a soft side for these janky tanks.  They take me back to my childhood!

I read you're in Savannah in another thread.  Very cool!  How often do you get to ATL?   

 

Yes, I've got lots of baby RFAs and fingers crossed for bunches more in about 6-7 weeks! They are pretty small still and will be for awhile as they grow pretty slowly but when they are bigger I'm sure we can work something out!

 

 

! am really loving all of these small tanks.  I watch my tank more than I do my 75 now.

 

My mom lives in Dalton so we go through Atlanta 8-9 times a year.  I would love to get some RFA from you sometime, I have about 16 but they are all smaller.  The biggest is about 2 inches across now and the smallest is about an inch across.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Clown79

The tank looks great. I love the rockwork.

 

Tidal 55 is an awesome filter. I used it on my 15g and it was the best filter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Cut up a plastic binder for the background.  Waterproof. Easy to clean.  Kinda janky....but doesn't look bad.  Matches the rim. 😂

 

40583060403_98a08281ae_b.jpg

 

 

Working on the bottom of the tank now. The silicone job is bad so getting this to seal flat to the bottom on the edges is gonna be a challenge. 

 

33672417248_6119f960a6_b.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
asting

Haha nice background. Why not just paint?

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
4 minutes ago, asting said:

Haha nice background. Why not just paint?

Didn't have any paint and had the binder just laying around!   Lazy I guess....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

Cut up a plastic binder for the background.  Waterproof. Easy to clean.  Kinda janky....but doesn't look bad.  Matches the rim. 😂

 

40583060403_98a08281ae_b.jpg

 

 

Working on the bottom of the tank now. The silicone job is bad so getting this to seal flat to the bottom on the edges is gonna be a challenge. 

 

33672417248_6119f960a6_b.jpg

 

 

 

Sweet, easy home diy upgrades.

Share this post


Link to post
asting
28 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Didn't have any paint and had the binder just laying around!   Lazy I guess....

Maybe I'm just a hoarder but I've got maybe 10-15 cans of rattle from various projects.

 

If I wanted mauve I'm sol, but black and white are good.

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Not much new....

Got the ABS attached to the bottom of the tank.  Had to trim the corners to get it to lay flat.

 

46642956335_99bbeb6ba2_b.jpg

 

 

Media rack glued together.  Also figured out the heater holder - using egg crate and a silicone ring at the bottom of the heater itself.

 

46642958775_3f2a1dbd8f_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

Rocks are still cooking in the bucket.

 

47558594351_8629b869a6_b.jpg

 

 

Lots of ammonia...no nitrites yet.

 

47505657242_038068f060_b.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Can't tell for sure with that Red Sea kit, but I might guess that it's over 5 ppm.  If that's true, your cycle will slow down.  I'd do a big water change to try to get it down closer to 2 ppm.  That should get things going again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
1 hour ago, seabass said:

Can't tell for sure with that Red Sea kit, but I might guess that it's over 5 ppm.  If that's true, your cycle will slow down.  I'd do a big water change to try to get it down closer to 2 ppm.  That should get things going again.

Thanks for the tip. I'll do that. I did hit the bucket with a little more MB7 when I saw that color! 

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Ammonia is back down to ~2 ppm after a partial water change the other day.  Added more MB7.  Yawn....

Maybe I should practice cutting some glass while I wait.

 

40623205393_2978c49ae7_b.jpg

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

I'm just waiting around for my cycle too.  May we both have a speedy one!  :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I'm just waiting around for my cycle too.  May we both have a speedy one!  🙂

I hope we do!

I’m trying to be patient. I may tinker around with it a bit this weekend.

Need to consult with @Got Corals on the NOTORIOUS plan! 

At least yours is wet and has a cool scape that’s the talk of the town already!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I hope we do!

I’m trying to be patient. I may tinker around with it a bit this weekend.

Need to consult with @Got Corals on the NOTORIOUS plan! 

At least yours is wet and has a cool scape that’s the talk of the town already!

Really looking forward to seeing what you will be stocking with Got Corals!  

 

I don't know about talk of the town, but it is definitely the first to get aiptasia (and I'm sure there will be more).  I think there's a pest category, right?  😂

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

I don't know about talk of the town, but it is definitely the first to get aiptasia (and I'm sure there will be more).  I think there's a pest category, right?  😂

You definitely are in the early lead for the Worst Infestation bonus award! 😂

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn

Slowest 

 

Cycle

 

Ever

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Slowest 

 

Cycle

 

Ever

Mine is super slow too.   Maybe there should be a category for slowest cycle.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
11 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Mine is super slow too.   Maybe there should be a category for slowest cycle.  

I think maybe there should be!

 

My impatience is just showing. I’m really excited to get going on this one. We’ve got an awesome plan brewing! 

 

Ammonia had dropped to 1.2 but there was nada of nitrites or nitrates. I would have thought that since some ammonia had processed, I would have seen tinges of one of those at least. I’m wondering if my test kits are expired or maybe it could be user error. 

I don’t test for either of those that often but you’d think I could follow directions...

 

Changed a little more water, hit it with more MB7, and turned up the flow in the bucket. 

 

Now to to catch up on some of the other contest threads. These contestants are prolific in their posts! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
asting
36 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I think maybe there should be!

 

My impatience is just showing. I’m really excited to get going on this one. We’ve got an awesome plan brewing! 

 

Ammonia had dropped to 1.2 but there was nada of nitrites or nitrates. I would have thought that since some ammonia had processed, I would have seen tinges of one of those at least. I’m wondering if my test kits are expired or maybe it could be user error. 

I don’t test for either of those that often but you’d think I could follow directions...

 

Changed a little more water, hit it with more MB7, and turned up the flow in the bucket. 

 

Now to to catch up on some of the other contest threads. These contestants are prolific in their posts! 

Could be that it was processed to nitrates, and then consumed by algae, coral, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Welp. I'll admit I'm dying to know what your stocking plans are now.  Lol. When will we find out?  Like as you are actually adding to the tank or sometime before??

Share this post


Link to post
SeaFurn
On 4/20/2019 at 10:04 AM, asting said:

Could be that it was processed to nitrates, and then consumed by algae, coral, etc.

I'm not seeing any algae in the bucket at all and there are no corals.  It's just so weird.  Will test it again tomorrow and see where things are at.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...