inTank Media Baskets

What tank should I choose?

adam_ducote

adam_ducote

Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting my first tank but am a bit indecisive. I'm trying to decide between a Waterbox 20 Cube, Innovative Marine 20 Nuvo Fusion, and a Fluval 13.5 Evo. What would you choose and why? As for lighting, I'm going to get the AI prime. Thanks!

Hey there!

I cant speak to the Waterbox but I own a Fluval 13.5 and hear a lot of good things about the IM 20 Nuvo.  

I've had my fluval for 3 months now, and dont have any complaints with the tank at all.  A lot of people upgrade the lights for it, and for both tanks  most people end up adding a InTank Media Basket.  If you have any questions about it ask away.

What kind of livestock are you hoping to keep?  The size of the tank could make a difference for you there

• Like 1
adam_ducote

Mainly a pair of clowns, goby, clean up crew, and some corals. Most likely frogspawn, leatherback toadstool, and some zoa's in the beginning.

4 minutes ago, adam_ducote said:

Mainly a pair of clowns, goby, clean up crew, and some corals. Most likely frogspawn, leatherback toadstool, and some zoa's in the beginning.

At the end of the day either tank would work for your needs as long as you stay on top of regular maintenance.  That being said though all other things being equal always go for the biggest tank you can justify: the water will stay more stable, the fish will have more room to swim around, and you have more options for stocking if you decide to change directions.

I have WB 15 and really like it. I think it really comes down to a Matter of taste. I’m bias to cubes. I like the look of them. 

Since ur going with the AI prime I would go for the WB 20. I just think that puck style light looks perfect with cube tank. You can put it much lower to the tank and get less light spill as when ur trying to light a rectangle. Just my opinion. I’m sure others have different opinions.

WB you tube has a 20 cube set up series with AI prime. 

IM 20, better aftermarket support and bigger is better too, more water means better stability. im also not fond of cubes myself, so the width of the 20 is preferred.

• Like 1

I love my IM tanks. Really nice, good quality.

The evo's are nice too but the IM is bigger.

I don't know much about the Waterbox, so can't comment on that