Coral Vue Hydros

Tybee Island old school contest tank Retired

kimdawg

On 10/29/2019 at 10:42 PM, kimdawg said:

Where did everybody go?  Since the contest is over this forum is like a ghost town.  Is anyone moving their livestock and shutting down already.  My little janky tank is happy and still growing.  I am working on making every bit of the algae go away.  I think it looks better everyday.

Mine is staying  up for the forseeable future.  I'm not sure I want a larger tank and the work that comes with it.  

• Like 7

I still have my nano tank up and running.  I however may be changing it a bit.  I think I am going to move my clowns out and add soft corals and seahorses with my dragonets.  

• Like 3

I am glad that a lot of people are going to keep their tank up, or making changes and keeping at least part of it.  My tank is up and the algae is almost gone now.  I love the colors that I am getting out of the Aqua Knight light now.

• Like 6
40 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I am glad that a lot of people are going to keep their tank up, or making changes and keeping at least part of it.  My tank is up and the algae is almost gone now.  I love the colors that I am getting out of the Aqua Knight light now.

Mine is down..... for now. Collecting equipment for the main build

• Like 3

Is the Aqua Knight another name for the Astra 20? The growth and colors in this tank are just outstanding. I also have enjoyed how much you have enjoyed this tank. Looking forward to updates when you can. Good luck. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Is the Aqua Knight another name for the Astra 20? The growth and colors in this tank are just outstanding. I also have enjoyed how much you have enjoyed this tank. Looking forward to updates when you can. Good luck. 

No it's a different LED system more similar to the HIPARGERO LEDs. I looked at it originally and went with the Asta 20 instead. 

@kimdawg really nice upgrade to the lights. The growth is impressive indeed. 

Screenshot_20191102-215415_eBay.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

No it's a different LED system more similar to the HIPARGERO LEDs. I looked at it originally and went with the Asta 20 instead. 

@kimdawg really nice upgrade to the lights. The growth is impressive indeed. 

Screenshot_20191102-215415_eBay.jpg

Yes I am happy with the growth and color I am getting with my new lights.  The picture I listed as my final FTS in my thread shows the colors in the tank. Unfortunately It is not the one posted in the final voting section, but you can click to go look at it.

I decided after a lot of thought to do something with this tank.  It has been very difficult to work in the small tank space and there was no place left for the zoas to grow, so I made a tank change.  The pitiful Tybee pico has been moved into a 9.6 gallon tank, so this tank is retired.  I moved all of the rocks and most of the frags to the new tank and only added 3 new rocks to get a little bit more height on the aquascape.  I will add a picture here and then try to start a new thread on the tank.1.thumb.jpeg.7c62dfd13245b9afb0f274a7bafac3de.jpeg2.thumb.jpeg.21fb982664418eaf8d8e67ccd7aa9c61.jpeg

• Like 6