Top Shelf Aquatics

24g aquapod, many newbie questions.

Nknoll

So I had a 24g aquapod in storage for the past many years and finally had the resources to start my first saltwater tank.

As I've been doing research, it seems the real hey day of this aquarium was about 10 years ago. I'm wondering if anybody here has any experience with the tank, since pretty much every old threads I find on it includes some sort of modding to the tank, especially the filter media and water flow pumps.

My tank currently has had live rock in it for the last 8 days.

I've got lots of questions about what to do with my 24g aquapod and how to make it be the best, about equipment and about live stock. I can also upload lots of pictures.

Looks like a standard aio, similar to biocubes.

Best thing for filteration is making a media basket(not sure if intank makes one that will fit)

Bag your own media, its cheaper to buy it in larger containers. It also gives you the control on how much to use and when to change it.

Put the media basket in the overflow chamber.

Keep heater in the second chamber unless you have an ato thrn it can go in the pump chsmber. You could always make the second chamber into a chaeto fuge, then you have your pump chamber.

Some like to upgrade their return pumps, others don't.

I use an upgraded pump in my aio's with rfg nozzles. Gives great flow.

I still use a powerhead in my 25g even with the stronger pump. 

Lighting looks like PC lighting in pics I've seen.

Not sure if they are sold anymore but they need replacing every 6-8mnths