AntsNanoReef

Ultimate NUVO 10 | Aquascape

AntsNanoReef

Hey guys, I’m new to the “nano reef forum” community but not new to nano reef keeping. Follow me and the progression of my Innovative Marine NUVO 10 build. My goal with this tank is to ultimately keep a thriving “sps and zoa” dominate tank “most likely” (more on that as time goes on). Last night I spent a couple hours aquascpaing my tank and here the end result. I fixed all the rock work together with some putty. Let me know what you think! I kept the aquascape “low” to allow the sps to grow upward and fill in the empty space beautifully. I also left a lot of empty space on the bare bottom to allow corals to fill it. 

Thank you you for tuning in! I’ll keep updating the tanks progress as time goes on! Tips and tricks are always helpful! Enjoy the rest of your day! 

090D296B-77A2-42B8-AFD8-3B616884268F.jpeg

6A26378F-A9F4-47B0-861D-66F613AB1975.jpeg

B0C66B7E-6982-4BB7-AA7A-5D21C6119B82.jpeg

71F8AEEE-EE30-490D-8F70-9A555F0B4471.jpeg

1536EFA7-3BF5-4320-B84F-F9EA4BF66887.jpeg

A8C8B579-6589-4F97-A346-E28CE913F493.jpeg

Lingwendil

Neat tank, but wrong category, you're over the 5 gallon threshold for sure 🙂

• Like 2

Daniel91

Cool! What light are you gonna be using? For the more light demanding SPS, you may want to build your rockwork taller or invest in floating rocks for higher placement 

AntsNanoReef
Posted (edited)

I’m going to be using a Kessil a360we Tuna Blue. Definitely overkill, but I downgraded from a 40g and had the Kessil. Got it hooked up too a Kessil controller as well. Thank you for the tip, I’ll definitely take that into consideration while placing corals. Before the tank starts cycling I’d like to get a nano “mag” rock for the back of the tank or simply just purchase a frag rack to acclimate/ grow out the sps. 

Edited by AntsNanoReef

AntsNanoReef
25 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Cool! What light are you gonna be using? For the more light demanding SPS, you may want to build your rockwork taller or invest in floating rocks for higher placement 

I’m going to be using a Kessil a360we Tuna Blue. Definitely overkill, but I downgraded from a 40g and had the Kessil. Got it hooked up too a Kessil controller as well. Thank you for the tip, I’ll definitely take that into consideration while placing corals. Before the tank starts cycling I’d like to get a nano “mag” rock for the back of the tank or simply just purchase a frag rack to acclimate/ grow out the sps. 

AntsNanoReef
34 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Neat tank, but wrong category, you're over the 5 gallon threshold for sure 🙂

Thank you for letting me know! I’m a noob at this, this was my first post. Just uploaded this to the correct category! 🙂

Firefish15

1 hour ago, AntsNanoReef said:

Before the tank starts cycling I’d like to get a nano “mag” rock for the back of the tank or simply just purchase a frag rack to acclimate/ grow out the sps.

For floating rocks, check out NanoRox. They're pretty cool!

• Like 1