Cultivated Reef

Hannahhhh

I just got my first coral, it’s spotted mushroom from live aquaria. I’ve read their instructions on placement and water flow, but I’m wondering, how do I know if these corals are happy/doing well? How do I know if I should move them to a different place in the tank?

9A508D57-243F-496B-A5E1-E1BCAC7A8F48.jpeg

They need time to adjust to their new home which can take a week sometimes more.

They will be open and relaxed when happy.

Mushrooms can and will move on their own if not happy 

If it's too much flow, you will see them flip around or the flesh will fold, if too much light they will shrink up.

Too little light and the will expand, sometimes looking see through from stretching.

44 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

They need time to adjust to their new home which can take a week sometimes more.

They will be open and relaxed when happy.

Mushrooms can and will move on their own if not happy 

If it's too much flow, you will see them flip around or the flesh will fold, if too much light they will shrink up.

Too little light and the will expand, sometimes looking see through from stretching.

Any chance you could show me a picture of a “happy open and relaxed” one vs one that’s mad at me? I keep reading stuff like happy coral will be relaxed or puffy, but I don’t really know what that looks like