pricewayne

pynk pico

pricewayne

PJ Reef mag feeder came in today. Rinsed in RO/DI and have my first batch of eggs in -- very easy to setup, took less than 2 minutes. Should begin to hatch within next 18-24hrs. The exterior magnet is not the strongest but it's holding in place fine for now -- may eventually want to get a better exterior magnet (if my glass was any thicker I don't think it would hold).

Eggs are magnetized around the entire rim -- after the bottom half have hatched, I'll simply rotate the magnet to hatch the top half.

IMG_4914.thumb.jpg.3f380e767022cfacca610a0c0156ba4e.jpg

Did a water change yesterday and vacuumed out most of the remaining sand -- not too easy to get the last bits out. Also removed one of the coral skeleton rock pieces to clean up the look a bit. Still not sure if I'll keep the other one in tank or not (bottom left).

I also broke up my flowerpot corals plug (I hate seeing plugs) -- now need to glue it down some where on the base of my rock work to keep hermits/snails from pushing it around. I'll get the plug off or broken up a bit on my duncan frag next week. I'm thinking about removing my fuzzy mushroom frag... I'm just not loving it.

IMG_4931.thumb.jpg.dcc04cad7ebcc559f80d3db2b2a56c8c.jpg

IMG_4923.thumb.jpg.17f21fef83c0a7ef088e6559c110243e.jpg

IMG_4942.thumb.JPG.3b2ec1e6a984f8d11eda480fcf16726d.JPG

Thinking I'll do a garden of goniapora//alveopora in the bottom right corner of the tank of various colors. Will probably just keep an eye out for small frags at my LFS and add piece by piece.

IMG_4954.jpg

• Like 8

MetaTank
6 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

PJ Reef mag feeder came in today. Rinsed in RO/DI and have my first batch of eggs in -- very easy to setup, took less than 2 minutes. Should begin to hatch within next 18-24hrs. The exterior magnet is not the strongest but it's holding in place fine for now -- may eventually want to get a better exterior magnet (if my glass was any thicker I don't think it would hold).

Eggs are magnetized around the entire rim -- after the bottom half have hatched, I'll simply rotate the magnet to hatch the top half.

IMG_4914.thumb.jpg.3f380e767022cfacca610a0c0156ba4e.jpg

Did a water change yesterday and vacuumed out most of the remaining sand -- not too easy to get the last bits out. Also removed one of the coral skeleton rock pieces to clean up the look a bit. Still not sure if I'll keep the other one in tank or not (bottom left).

I also broke up my flowerpot corals plug (I hate seeing plugs) -- now need to glue it down some where on the base of my rock work to keep hermits/snails from pushing it around. I'll get the plug off or broken up a bit on my duncan frag next week. I'm thinking about removing my fuzzy mushroom frag... I'm just not loving it.

IMG_4931.thumb.jpg.dcc04cad7ebcc559f80d3db2b2a56c8c.jpg

IMG_4923.thumb.jpg.17f21fef83c0a7ef088e6559c110243e.jpg

IMG_4942.thumb.JPG.3b2ec1e6a984f8d11eda480fcf16726d.JPG

Thinking I'll do a garden of goniapora//alveopora in the bottom right corner of the tank of various colors. Will probably just keep an eye out for small frags at my LFS and add piece by piece.

IMG_4954.jpg

Wow looks spectacular!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pricewayne
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

Wow looks spectacular!

Thank you! Am frustrated with the last bits of sand... so nervous I'll just scratch the bottom of the tank to shreds if I vacuum or force the removal too hard.

Some algae popping up as well but seems to be part of the maturing process so not too worried about it yet.

PS -- should update your signature with a link to your old school pico!

• Like 2

748S911

Really digging this looks amazing.  I want a pipefish lol

• Haha 1

pricewayne
Just now, 748S911 said:

Really digging this looks amazing.  I want a pipefish lol

Do it!! He's been great to watch. No issues with eating yet... but I'm definitely helicopter parenting so far.

748S911

how do u link tanks on signature?

pricewayne
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

how do u link tanks on signature?

If you go to top right of page and click your user name -- you'll get a drop down and go to account settings > click on "Signatures" and can make a signature line with links to your tanks. Don't think the signatures appear if on mobile though.

• Thanks 1

pricewayne

Couple videos of Peter the pipefish 🙃

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

ef4life

Great videos. That is a cool fish 

• Thanks 1

Tigahboy

Wow.  Just wow.  Hell of an update!  Loved watching that vid of Peter.  The magnet feeder is super cool and pretty low profile as well.  Tank is looking super nice!  And the video is so clear too!  omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pricewayne
1 hour ago, ef4life said:

Great videos. That is a cool fish 

14 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Wow.  Just wow.  Hell of an update!  Loved watching that vid of Peter.  The magnet feeder is super cool and pretty low profile as well.  Tank is looking super nice!  And the video is so clear too!  omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Thanks! Excited to some live food action tomorrow 🦐

Tigahboy

Yeah, this tank is a stunna rn.

• Thanks 1

pricewayne

Starting to see some wiggles 🦑

#born2die #peterfood

• Like 5

Tamberav

Looks great! I have a blue stripe in QT for a few months now I am debating adding to my pico as well. 

I have been feeding frozen but I love that little feeder....think I may have to get one of those for my pipes/Mandy's.

• Like 3

pricewayne
41 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Looks great! I have a blue stripe in QT for a few months now I am debating adding to my pico as well. 

I have been feeding frozen but I love that little feeder....think I may have to get one of those for my pipes/Mandy's.

Nice! Did you have any troubles getting yours on frozen? I’ve tried to spot feed some thawed brine a few times but haven’t seen him show any interest yet.

Tamberav
5 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Nice! Did you have any troubles getting yours on frozen? I’ve tried to spot feed some thawed brine a few times but haven’t seen him show any interest yet.

He took eggs immediately and then I mixed chopped mysis in. Helps to chop it up small. 

• Thanks 1

Maddie

I'm not sure how I missed this. Peter is adorable! I'll have to watch him until I get another pipe. Or pair of pipes, we'll see. The staghorn crab is also super neat, I wish I could find one down here! 

• Like 1

pricewayne
56 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

He took eggs immediately and then I mixed chopped mysis in. Helps to chop it up small. 

Awesome, I’ll give this a shot. Do you just chop it while it’s frozen with a knife?

3 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I'm not sure how I missed this. Peter is adorable! I'll have to watch him until I get another pipe. Or pair of pipes, we'll see. The staghorn crab is also super neat, I wish I could find one down here! 

I think they had them on live aquaria not too long ago 🤔 I’ve seen them on a few sites I think. He’s always active - super fun to watch.

Tamberav
11 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Awesome, I’ll give this a shot. Do you just chop it while it’s frozen with a knife?

I think they had them on live aquaria not too long ago 🤔 I’ve seen them on a few sites I think. He’s always active - super fun to watch.

Yup! 

• Thanks 1

pricewayne

Mor wiggles!! This thing is great!

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Tamberav

Well I am sold, ordered one. This thing is pretty cool for ANY fish. Nice little snacks 🙂

• Like 5

Clown79

This tank is stunning. It really catches the eye.

Peter is so cool!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

748S911
On 5/17/2019 at 12:12 AM, pricewayne said:

Couple videos of Peter the pipefish 🙃

Your tank is looking amazing...Peter is awesome!!!

• Thanks 1

pricewayne

Well, I broke down and joined the RFA train. LAX Aquarium had a nice ultra pink one (thank you @Tigahboy for pointing it out!).

RFA addition is really making me consider investing in a light upgrade.

Here it is under the fluval evo stock whites

AF0FC2AC-9346-4053-A258-53B7742AB721.thumb.jpeg.936118e24a05567a04371915c83da85b.jpeg

& under the blues

E7E9166A-73EB-4EDE-88EB-86CC7E6730F8.thumb.jpeg.bf27b9c390ba4ec2e9b2ca5bc13ac83b.jpeg

& quick FTS with the blues

FC76DB9F-5BC3-4C56-9A7F-E872030C0990.thumb.jpeg.bd2312ae154d9d92aac85047cc2145c8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow 3

MetaTank
Just now, pricewayne said:

Well, I broke down and joined the RFA train. LAX Aquarium had a nice ultra pink one (thank you @Tigahboy for pointing it out!).

RFA addition is really making me consider investing in a light upgrade.

Here it is under the fluval evo stock whites

AF0FC2AC-9346-4053-A258-53B7742AB721.thumb.jpeg.936118e24a05567a04371915c83da85b.jpeg

& under the blues

E7E9166A-73EB-4EDE-88EB-86CC7E6730F8.thumb.jpeg.bf27b9c390ba4ec2e9b2ca5bc13ac83b.jpeg

& quick FTS with the blues

FC76DB9F-5BC3-4C56-9A7F-E872030C0990.thumb.jpeg.bd2312ae154d9d92aac85047cc2145c8.jpeg

Wow! Nicely done. Loving that RFA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1