inTank Media Baskets

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

Just now, Tamberav said:

I don't think bayor will be too much problem for corals. Sensitive inverts like a cleaner shrimp would be likely toast though. 

Yeah I didn't think so either, my main concern was the sandbed rodi rinse I did and the marine pure rodi rinse.  I knew there would be tons of die off in sand, but I might of gotten all the worms out of there and other dead stuff.

1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Went full flame thrower for the janky tank huh!?

☠️☠️

I didn't want to keep dipping and dipping and dipping and not taking care of the real issue. The sandbed,rock, and maybe even in the marine pure. 

Here's the instructions I use for the Bayer dip. I only used half gallon of saltwater on my last shipment of corals, so some math is involved to figure out the right amount of Bayer to use.

https://boroaquatics.com/blogs/articles/17033867-proper-dipping-of-corals-the-bayer-method

I think it works great! Just wish flatworms weren't so sneaky, I think they hitch hiked into my tank in some cheato or an empty snail shell that an RFA was holding. Also, since I have RFAs in my pico then I can't go flame thrower peeps melting crazy in there!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Here's the instructions I use for the Bayer dip. I only used half gallon of saltwater on my last shipment of corals, so some math is involved to figure out the right amount of Bayer to use.

https://boroaquatics.com/blogs/articles/17033867-proper-dipping-of-corals-the-bayer-method

I think it works great! Just wish flatworms weren't so sneaky, I think they hitch hiked into my tank in some cheato or an empty snail shell that an RFA was holding. Also, since I have RFAs in my pico then I can't go flame thrower peeps melting crazy in there!

Thanks that was a great link.  

It really does work great and my corals are happier for it (not now, but soon) lol. Can't say the same for the flatworm population I just eradicated lol.  One innocent bystander did take a forever dirt nap, the earth worm I killed 😖😪😭

I'm so glad I don't have any RFA's or lots of different inverts. that would've complicated things. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, kimdawg said:

I am anxious to find out the outcome of using the Bayer since I have flatworms as well.

If Flatworm eXit doesn't work for you, Levamisole should.  Bayer is an excellent dip for new coral frags; however, I'd encourage you to try other methods before using it to eradicate flatworms from an entire tank.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

This was on Saturday.. my zoa's hated life. 

They look awesome! I want to do that with some of my zoas but I’m a bit afraid to mess with them now 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

How on earth did you glue a ricordia? I never can and it's 50/50 trying to tie with fish line. 

Wait for them to settle on rubble, then glue the rubble.

3 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

They look awesome! I want to do that with some of my zoas but I’m a bit afraid to mess with them now 😂

lol, don't be just wear the safety gear.  

• Like 2

Happy to report all systems back on line and looking good!

Removed 8 dying bristle worms

Re scaped, changed my cutting board background cut a fresh piece. 

20190618_123831.jpg

20190618_123807.jpg

20190618_123816.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks, corals are doing a lot better and happier that flatworms aren’t sucking the life outta them.  Even my shrooms are happier. 

Lately I’ve been fishing out dead or dying bristle worms. I’m upto at least 10 or so.  

No water changes yet but will do one today, to make sure all the bayer is gone.  Very happy with results, eradicated flatworm population with out any casualties. 

My reef is super clean now too, the sand is bright white, and the tsp of zeolite is polishing water cause it crsytal clear now.

• Like 4

Pico moved next to my 40G. 

AI Prime HD mounted at angle to light both tanks.  🌞

Now this Pico is supplemented with T5/MH 🌞

20190620_154459.jpg

20190620_154938.jpg

• Like 4

I don't believe that I've really seen your 40 gallon.  It's intriguing that the corals have a smaller platform inside a larger tank.  It's really a cool look that I've never seen before.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, seabass said:

I don't believe that I've really seen your 40 gallon.  It's intriguing that the corals have a smaller platform inside a larger tank.  It's really a cool look that I've never seen before.

• Thanks 1