Coral Vue Hydros

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

The funny part of the whole situation was the poor earth worm that surfaced after I dumped the bayer in the dirt lol smh. 

Oh and def do this all outside, you don’t want to do this indoors. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, 748S911 said:

TLDR...cliff notes version?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

TLDR...cliff notes version?

Bayer's active ingredient is Imidacloprid which was found to be modestly attracted to zeolite when testing various different methods of pesticide-cleanup/reduction treatment for groundwater. I would still be concerned about it leeching from the rocks, that said I've never really had that much experience with the chemical in question.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Bayer's active ingredient is Imidacloprid which was found to be modestly attracted to zeolite when testing various different methods of pesticide-cleanup/reduction treatment for groundwater. I would still be concerned about it leeching from the rocks, that said I've never really had that much experience with the chemical in question.

I might have to bust out my imidacladerb test kit 😂

• Haha 1

Oh my... I'm just biting my nails to see how this all turns out. I sure hope your rock doesn't leach the Bayer dip out for very long.

How long are you going to wait before you put inverts & snails back in?

• Like 3

At least a week, after everything is stable. 

Actually I'm worried more about ammonia spikes with die off from sand bed more so than the bayer.  

It made It super easy to treat whole tank at 2.5 gallons and a back up system incase I need to hit the panic button 😂 😂 

But so far soo good, no flatworms, and no other survivors. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

At least a week, after everything is stable. 

Actually I'm worried more about ammonia spikes with die off from sand bed more so than the bayer.  

It made It super easy to treat whole tank at 2.5 gallons and a back up system incase I need to hit the panic button 😂 😂 

But so far soo good, no flatworms, and no other survivors. 

Probably be some die off inside the rock, all the pods and worms that took refuge deep inside the rock, only to die so far inside the rock that no amount of swishing and rinsing will flush them all out 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Probably be some die off inside the rock, all the pods and worms that took refuge deep inside the rock, only to die so far inside the rock that no amount of swishing and rinsing will flush them all out 

Yea I'm sure there will be some die off inside the rock too.  Maybe another tsp of zeolite crystals to help with the ammonia spike coming. 

I am anxious to find out the outcome of using the Bayer since I have flatworms as well.  They seem to be a common problem among the contest tanks recently.I just noticed mine today so I am going to get rid of as many as I can during the water change Wednesday.  I may try a small springer damsel if I can get one.  I chicken to try the total rock Bayer dip now but I may have to go there also.

• Like 1

Let's see how it all goes down over here in this tank first. But I seen and read people dipping full rocks that had zoanthids or blue mushrooms with positive results. My inverts on consisted of two margaritas and baby hermit crab. 

With tank so small I figured why not, worth a shot. 

Soo far so good.. 

Someone's getting happy 🙂

20190617_231906.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, kimdawg said:

I am anxious to find out the outcome of using the Bayer since I have flatworms as well.  They seem to be a common problem among the contest tanks recently.I just noticed mine today so I am going to get rid of as many as I can during the water change Wednesday.  I may try a small springer damsel if I can get one.  I chicken to try the total rock Bayer dip now but I may have to go there also.

I got em too.  Gonna add a small sapphire blue damsel to see if it does anything.  My version of nuking my tank would be a strong dose of Flatworm Exit.

• Like 5

They are looking better.  I will try aggressive water changes and a small fish first.  If I still have them in a week and your tank stays happy I may jump on the Bayer band wagon with you.

• Like 1

BRS tv said the original dude forgot name sorry..uses 400 ml of bayer juice per 2.5 gallons of saltwater, and they said that was a lot.  I didn't finish video but went with guesstimate and used 110 ml to 125ml not sure cause my full turkey baster says 45ml. I did 2.5 basters full worth of bayer for 1 gallon of salt water for 15 min. 

I don't think it helped that my corals where on the ledge on a east coast hot/humid 90 degree day june sun for a while, out of water....but didn't have anywhere else to lay them with out smooshing and mashing them together in a bucket and I did smoosh and smash some smh. 

I don't think bayor will be too much problem for corals. Sensitive inverts like a cleaner shrimp would be likely toast though. 

• Like 2