Coral Vue Hydros

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

12 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Gotta wear shades...

How about a zoomed out photo so we can see the mini next to the big bro?

Will do when I finish re configuring my hood situation if I want to maximize the T5 light coming from big bro.  Its super janky right now lol.  

Thinking about making another CB2 run lol 

Acrylic tank tray hood ??????  :haha:omgomgomg

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?lsf=seller:83879,store:2419721077645402206&prds=pid:14406901784284423726,oid:836811890493193467&q=cb2+tank+tray&hl=en&ei=C331XNGvJOiFggeejo8Y&lsft=gclid:Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84nI4ytgro6boBB1a9VgMyn_DS5w8AOlQjSyYa24s2d0a2tvHhwDQmAaAoEAEALw_wcB,gclsrc:aw.ds

• Like 1
This guy is extra salty
17 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Will do when I finish re configuring my hood situation if I want to maximize the T5 light coming from big bro.  Its super janky right now lol.  

Thinking about making another CB2 run lol 

Acrylic tank tray hood ??????  :haha:omgomgomg

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?lsf=seller:83879,store:2419721077645402206&prds=pid:14406901784284423726,oid:836811890493193467&q=cb2+tank+tray&hl=en&ei=C331XNGvJOiFggeejo8Y&lsft=gclid:Cj0KCQjwitPnBRCQARIsAA5n84nI4ytgro6boBB1a9VgMyn_DS5w8AOlQjSyYa24s2d0a2tvHhwDQmAaAoEAEALw_wcB,gclsrc:aw.ds

I have the same idea of the t5 light spillage onto contest tank. 

You're going to buy that tray?

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Thinking about it... $20 bucks for the tray/sunroof. I would need to buy a 18 inch Goosegoose neck for my prime $30. It will set me back $50 bucks to put a sunroof on my Pico lmao.

I would need to mod it and use hot knife to cut back panel so the ac fits in like it does now.  

Still on fence tho not sure how long Pico will be up and running after contest and already looking into replacing my EVOreef for something a little larger.

Thinking about a 20-30 gallon peninsula with crazy lighting system and flow. I could also use my EVOreef for sump, 2.5 gallon quarantine for corals and fish. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Still on fence tho not sure how long Pico will be up and running after contest

I'm with you.  My choices (of livestock and lighting) were made with other tanks in mind.  I already had some equipment, and the rest of it was pretty modestly priced (and totally worth the cost of entry).

• Like 2

Not much going on here, tank is on auto pilot. Some things are concerning my green star polyps haven't been out in two days... maybe too much light? Also my flower petal cap turned blue, and my sps has burn in center, not sure if its lights or this flatworm issue im having.  I turned down lights to 70% in acclimation mode might go to 50%.  Lowered lighting time for my EVOreef too and led intensity cause both tanks are being affected now.  Other than that all corals are doing fine.  

I went to two 2 chanels on my EVOreef blues only at 20% and letting the t5 do t5. I also dropped ai prime to 50% acclimation mode

Thanks, they are happy... sorta almost nuked them for last 4 days.  Led is def strong, it's hard to mess up t5 or metal halide. These leds are amazing but very unforgiving if you get it wrong. 

• Like 2

400 watt metal halide cold start up.   Sorry about video was trying to get the metal halide over pico, and holding both pendant and cell lol.  

After watching this I'm really impressed with the ai prime coloring on @This guy is extra salty schedule I'm using.  Which is a version of the AB+ schedule.  The coloring on the pico is amazing too with or with out metal halide.  Very impressed with ai prime hd fixture right now.  

• Haha 1

Ah the old hand tanning station, also AB+ grows corals and looks good, anyone who says otherwise has issues with parameters. I like to have a bit more blue in the evening for viewing because it brings out the golds and yellows in my corals but that's 100% preference.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Ah the old hand tanning station, also AB+ grows corals and looks good, anyone who says otherwise has issues with parameters. I like to have a bit more blue in the evening for viewing because it brings out the golds and yellows in my corals but that's 100% preference.

+1

I'm thinking same with set up but never have I done a 10k bulb with just actinics, and of course the led will be on a set schedule most likely blue blue blue blue all day  lol.  

What do you think? go with Sunlight 10k or stick with Radiums? 

That's so much personal preference lol, some fish and corals look bad under 10k, other look even worse under 16k+. 10k + actinics is what tidal gardens uses to make everything look amazing though IIRC... No clue lol, I'm happy enough with my Prime HD =p Radions are kind of legendary, BRS, WWC, I honestly can't think of a distributor which doesn't recommend them... In any case I think I'm out of my league here lol.
This is the ratio I use in the PM for blues and color-pop, around 4:00-5:30 is when the yellows and golds REALLY stand out, in fact it starts to shift greens into appearing gold.

61023713_2300442656665188_3480181467026292736_n.jpg.732be5c07d3e065a5dd276a5ac0d7fda.jpg