Jump to content
748S911

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

Recommended Posts

MetaTank
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

748S911's pre seeded magic coraline mud in a box. lol

I mean, people already add this liquid coraline solution to try to seed coraline algae. It’s definitely a marketable thing if it works!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
20 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

If it is the mud, you better make your own mud mix and market it. Everyone is always looking for a shortcut to coraline 

Not me.  I don't want any covering up my decor.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

@MetaTank Congrats on your Shirt!!!! Its like the green Jacket of NR lmao!!!!!

 

When I come to visit LA hopefully I get to meet up with you and the rest of the local NR reefers to go to a coral farmers market you guys go to all the time or amazing lfs  @Tigahboy @pricewayne

 

I'll def be rocking my new NR shirt too!! Maybe we all go to Aqua SD together lmao!! but only if @Tigahboy brings his glasses with him (so we know what color we are actually getting!) 

@Hannahhhh

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Not me.  I don't want any covering up my decor.

I can totally see you with a toothbrush every night wiping down the volcano and tiki hut lmao!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
2 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

@MetaTank Congrats on your Shirt!!!! Its like the green Jacket of NR lmao!!!!!

 

When I come to visit LA hopefully I get to meet up with you and the rest of the local NR reefers to go to a coral farmers market you guys go to all the time or amazing lfs  @Tigahboy @pricewayne

 

I'll def be rocking my new NR shirt too!! Maybe we all go to Aqua SD together lmao!! but only if @Tigahboy brings his glasses with him (so we know what color we are actually getting!) 

@Hannahhhh

Yeah, congrats on the shirt as well! I’m really stoked about it, my girlfriend teased me when I screeched “Its my first feeding shirt!”, implying that others are in my future...

 

Is it weird that I’m equally excited about the stickers too? 

 

I’d  love to meet up and do a day of coral viewing! Count me in!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

Wow!  Both you and @MetaTank won shirts!  Congrats!  I never win anything. Lol.  

 

You should time the visit when there's a coral show in town. Good deals. 

3 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I can totally see you with a toothbrush every night wiping down the volcano and tiki hut lmao!

You bet I will. And the glass.  I like my glass coraline-free.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah, congrats on the shirt as well! I’m really stoked about it, my girlfriend teased me when I screeched “Its my first feeding shirt!”, implying that others are in my future...

 

Is it weird that I’m equally excited about the stickers too? 

 

I’d  love to meet up and do a day of coral viewing! Count me in!

lol, not weird at all. 

I'll let you guys know when I can come visit! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Wow!  Both you and @MetaTank won shirts!  Congrats!  I never win anything. Lol.  

 

You should time the visit when there's a coral show in town. Good deals. 

You bet I will. And the glass.  I like my glass coraline-free.

Yeah, a bunch of the Pico contestants won shirts actually!

 

And I feel you on the glass...I let it grow on a Pico Reef tanks glass one time, and that was maybe one time too many 😂 

 

actually, I shut that tank down in 2015 and just cleaned the coraline off the glass last Saturday...hahahahah

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Wow!  Both you and @MetaTank won shirts!  Congrats!  I never win anything. Lol.  

 

You should time the visit when there's a coral show in town. Good deals. 

You bet I will. And the glass.  I like my glass coraline-free.

I know right! Im soo excited about this shirt.  

 

I know NYC has reefpalozza in june (I was thinking of going) and thought I saw they will have one in aug in socal ?

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah, a bunch of the Pico contestants won shirts actually!

Lol. That makes me feel better.

  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Lol. That makes me feel better.

They threw us the shirts so we wouldn't feel bad about your waterbox10 win lmao!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

😂. It's ok about the shirt.  I only wear black, orange, or tiger stripes anyway.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
18 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I know right! Im soo excited about this shirt.  

 

I know NYC has reefpalozza in june (I was thinking of going) and thought I saw they will have one in aug in socal ?

I am staying at the hotel that they are throwing the Reefapalooza in for that event in Cali in August. I think my gf has the room booked with rewards points, cause she used to travel a bunch for work

14 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

They threw us the shirts so we wouldn't feel bad about your waterbox10 win lmao!!!

This is so true...lol

8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

😂. It's ok about the shirt.  I only wear black, orange, or tiger stripes anyway.

I got a sticker for ya, bud. 😝 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

I am staying at the hotel that they are throwing the Reefapalooza in for that event. I think my gf has the room booked with rewards points, cause she used to travel a bunch for work

This is so true...lol

I got a sticker for ya, bud. 😝 

Reefapalooza in Socal should be good!  Are you staying at the hotel for RAP?  I guess it is across county lines.  I'm gonna definitely try to go as well.  We can do a N-R members meet-up.

 

Thanks for the offer, but you should display that sticker with pride!  I'll just buy some Hawaiian flatworms and aiptasia and go for the worst pest infestation category for a sticker.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Reefapalooza in Socal should be good!  Are you staying at the hotel for RAP?  I guess it is across county lines.  I'm gonna definitely try to go as well.  We can do a N-R members meet-up.

 

Thanks for the offer, but you should display that sticker with pride!  I'll just buy some Hawaiian flatworms and aiptasia and go for the worst pest infestation category for a sticker.

But you already gave up the Hawaiian bristleworms!

 

yeah, the plan is to stay at the hotel that RAP is being held at. On Friday, maybe Saturday too. We have the room for one night for sure tho. 2 days is sometimes a lot at these things. I went to MAX(Marine Aqaurium Expo) for 2 days once, but didn’t stay for more than a few minutes the second day. I’ve never been to a RAP, but I figure I can see most of it in one day, and all the “good” stuff is sold on the first day usually as far as corals. Though the deals are way better the second day towards the end. So who knows. I’m a sucker for a good deal

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
16 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

I am staying at the hotel that they are throwing the Reefapalooza in for that event in Cali in August. I think my gf has the room booked with rewards points, cause she used to travel a bunch for work

This is so true...lol

I got a sticker for ya, bud. 😝 

Nice!!!

9 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Reefapalooza in Socal should be good!  Are you staying at the hotel for RAP?  I guess it is across county lines.  I'm gonna definitely try to go as well.  We can do a N-R members meet-up.

 

Thanks for the offer, but you should display that sticker with pride!  I'll just buy some Hawaiian flatworms and aiptasia and go for the worst pest infestation category for a sticker.

My bestfriend lives in WEHO.....so Im prolly staying there with his fiance and prolly take the 5 down to Reefapalooza and back.

 

 

@Tigahboy

 

 

Image result for salty he is yoda meme

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

Update vid with out diffuser or top, ai prime 5 inches off water. 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

Randoms 5/21/19

 

 

A258E9CA-64D4-4575-9B5F-03A65E8D5745.jpeg

7FD026A4-D3CF-4F8C-94C7-C313862CBE4E.png

844E38FA-78EB-48DA-AA7D-6EADF81B7BED.png

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
pricewayne

I’m in weho - let’s do drinks!

Into all these plans and excited reefapalooza is coming to SoCal!! Moved to LA from nyc last year - once I got into the hobby and learned about reefapalooza I was so upset I’d miss it lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

Awesome I'm down! Sounds like its gonna be an NR meet up in SoCal !!  🍻

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
MetaTank
43 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

I’m in weho - let’s do drinks!

Into all these plans and excited reefapalooza is coming to SoCal!! Moved to LA from nyc last year - once I got into the hobby and learned about reefapalooza I was so upset I’d miss it lol.

Yeah I was all jealous pants till I realized they are coming to Cali! I’ve only been to MAX, but it was huge and definitely fun!

33 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Awesome I'm down! Sounds like its gonna be an NR meet up in SoCal !!  🍻

Sweet! I’d really love to be able to grow out some frags for everyone...xenia all around! 😂 

 

knowing my spending habits, I better start saving for it now! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
2 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

Yeah I was all jealous pants till I realized they are coming to Cali! I’ve only been to MAX, but it was huge and definitely fun!

Sweet! I’d really love to be able to grow out some frags for everyone...xenia all around! 😂 

 

knowing my spending habits, I better start saving for it now! 

 

Yea I was going to the one in NYC in June but now makes more sense going to SoCal and being able to check out the local lfs scene lmao and hit up Reefapalooza. 

 

Im saving up now too for coral and beer money!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tigahboy

This is shaping up to be a pretty cool meet-up.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

This is shaping up to be a pretty cool meet-up.

Sure is.....I'm excited about this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
748S911

Upped and randomized flow for night mode on kps tonight after extensive research @pricewayne.  

 

I do have a few sps in there and im sure they are not as happy as they could be with much more flow. 

2C6F313E-A3AA-43FF-9CCF-7519DC3D5C3E.png

D6CB6DBF-EC70-4EAA-B2CF-68A3E9548225.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...