Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

Thanks @vlangel 

What I've been doing is daily dosing amino acids bottle says 1 drop per 25 gallons, I cant split a drop so I dose 1 drop....and have kalk+2 in my top off water, with weekly water changes.  Corals are doing well with great colors.  My chaeto died today not sure why?? crazy...

Funny you say that, I was just thinking its like my 911 Jank in the back..... lmao 

I'm also noticing that there is zero build up back there. no algae, no coraline, its just really clean? do you think the bio balls have something to do with that? Is it working that well?

Yeah, maybe not enough nutrients for the chaeto and algae.  Bio balls could be too efficient.  Or could feed more coral and/or fish food.

3 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I cant split a drop so I dose 1 drop

Put a drop in some water, and dose half that water (or whatever portion of a drop you wish to dose).

• Like 1

Pick of my gsp, I havent seen this type of gsp. It grows like clove polyps. 🤔 does anybody have the same gsp? 

7680FF1B-3387-4642-A130-2DB978D1BEE5.jpeg

25DD91C5-37B3-4C9D-9DD4-0736AEB4FE51.jpeg

49A37F50-B1B4-4F8E-84ED-49350407EF45.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

New frags...

got no name light blue zoas... we will see how they color up...

Kelly psammacora... I call it the kelly slater  cause original frag looks like this 🤙

39ECF636-0527-4DA2-A934-85B71485A58E.jpeg

C82D3FAA-D6A5-41D8-9394-994306261B47.jpeg

• Like 2

Also my cousin is visiting the states and I closed him on starting a nano tank lol. I told him to buy the sw2 jebao, and im so jelly now. 40 bucks and smaller than the kps ultra silent and just perfect for 2-15 gal. Just an amazing pump for 40 bucks wow!!!!! Its running in my evo now, lol

F9DA683F-7D9F-449E-9ABE-CC22DD46B1E8.jpeg

321F2664-6CD5-467A-A50C-C5B3295BBC22.jpeg

EDBCF9C0-8636-45A1-A5E9-97B0574AACFC.jpeg

• Like 2

Always sucks when you find a cheaper, comparable option.  That seems to happen to me a lot in this hobby as well. 

The sw2 jebao does look interesting.  I may look into that as well.  

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Always sucks when you find a cheaper, comparable option.  That seems to happen to me a lot in this hobby as well. 

You should def get it and will be happy with "else" mode like reef crest mode, random and really nice...I guess the kps has its positives with full control every thirty min...but for only 40 bucks, its a true contender in that price range.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Also my cousin is visiting the states and I closed him on starting a nano tank lol. I told him to buy the sw2 jebao, and im so jelly now. 40 bucks and smaller than the kps ultra silent and just perfect for 2-15 gal. Just an amazing pump for 40 bucks wow!!!!! Its running in my evo now, lol

F9DA683F-7D9F-449E-9ABE-CC22DD46B1E8.jpeg

321F2664-6CD5-467A-A50C-C5B3295BBC22.jpeg

EDBCF9C0-8636-45A1-A5E9-97B0574AACFC.jpeg

I own this pump, running it in my 7 gallon

2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Really upset that i spent 120+ for my kps when i could’ve done same job with 40 bucks...

It’s a great deal, and it pushes a lot of water!

1 hour ago, Tigahboy said:

It’s quiet, and the controller works well, even has a light sensor for “night mode”. Night mode is just the “constant” setting at the lowest speed

48 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

You should def get it and will be happy with "else" mode like reef crest mode, random and really nice...I guess the kps has its positives with full control every thirty min...but for only 40 bucks, its a true contender in that price range.  

Yeah it’s not exactly super controllable, but you can link another SW2 and use it as slave/master pumps wirelessly

• Like 2

The main thing with Jebao is it can last 3 months or 3 years. Quality control is meh and parts are cheap. 

They do move water really well as long as they work!

I picked up two Jebao Sow4 which is the newest model. Supposed to be made better but who knows.

They are silent and the flow they provide is great. They have a master/slave setting so they can work together too which is nice.

Hopefully they last but could die any day...or maybe not 🙂

Your tank is looking good...lots of happy corals!

• Like 6

Also, if you buy through eBay, some sellers offer a warranty backed by Allstate for 2 years of coverage. 2 bucks. So if it craps out in the next 2 years, it’s free to ship it back, have it repaired or replaced within 5 days, and  have it shipped back to you. Worth the two dollars

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MetaTank said:

I own this pump, running it in my 7 gallon

It’s a great deal, and it pushes a lot of water!

It’s quiet, and the controller works well, even has a light sensor for “night mode”. Night mode is just the “constant” setting at the lowest speed

Yeah it’s not exactly super controllable, but you can link another SW2 and use it as slave/master pumps wirelessly

I love this little thing.  I wish I looked into this earlier. 

8 hours ago, Tamberav said:

The main thing with Jebao is it can last 3 months or 3 years. Quality control is meh and parts are cheap. 

They do move water really well as long as they work!

I picked up two Jebao Sow4 which is the newest model. Supposed to be made better but who knows.

They are silent and the flow they provide is great. They have a master/slave setting so they can work together too which is nice.

Hopefully they last but could die any day...or maybe not 🙂

Your tank is looking good...lots of happy corals!

I hear you... thats the thing Ive bought like 5 or 6 jebao's big ones for my 300 gal and loved them, I would do regular cleaning and dip them in vinegar baths to keep them working great.  I had maybe 2 crap out due to me never cleaning them and covered in pink and green coraline in about a years time. 

I looked into them for the 2.5 gal and got lost with the different models.. ow, rw, pp, jp, lol... 

I'm prolly gonna buy two sw4 now.

8 hours ago, MetaTank said:

Also, if you buy through eBay, some sellers offer a warranty backed by Allstate for 2 years of coverage. 2 bucks. So if it craps out in the next 2 years, it’s free to ship it back, have it repaired or replaced within 5 days, and  have it shipped back to you. Worth the two dollars

Thanks, thats the perfect solution.

10 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

get the sw4 

Just now, 748S911 said:

get the sw4 

LOL.  If I do, this would be the 4th pump (5th if you count the Nero 5) for my pico.  It's turning into a money pit!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

LOL.  If I do, this would be the 4th pump (5th if you count the Nero 5) for my pico.  It's turning into a money pit!

😂