inTank Media Baskets

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

3 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Most importantly, glad to see the chicken foot frag doing well.  Hopefully it will retain its shape as it grows out.  Like very very long chicken fingers stretching out towards the sun.

😂 long chicken fingers?  Freddy Chicken!.... dont go to 💤 

7 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

No problem! Every tanks lighting needs are different. I love the primes and hydras. That reminds me I need to setup my AWC 

awesome tank!

18A73448-A971-45E6-AB21-F22C059A0883.jpeg

Def have to do that soon, i want to see that up and running. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Increased ai prime hd to 70% from 50% (still in acclimation mode)

also increased flow in the aqamai kps random percentages, corals are moving lol. 

A31946DB-8EFE-4EEE-ADCB-1809EB17F124.jpeg

CE120A2F-8145-4980-817A-E7963867E737.png

C310F0F0-E72E-492D-9BAF-C6C7158E3045.png

• Like 4
This guy is extra salty

That aquamai how do you like it?

i had to take out the hydor nano wave maker and replace it with an 90gph pump with a hydor Water deflector.. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

That aquamai how do you like it?

i had to take out the hydor nano wave maker and replace it with an 90gph pump with a hydor Water deflector.. 

I love it, no complaints set it and forget it. Amazing nano pump

On 5/4/2019 at 5:35 PM, This guy is extra salty said:

How high do you have the light off the water?

i have my prime 8in off the water

I have my light maybe 1.5 inches or less with homemade diffuse to spread light evenly.  Working great so far, haven't burned any coral, been acclimating coral to light since I got it.  Started really low 15% and now i'm at 80% with your light schedule.  I don't get the spread of light more just a spot light, but since I have white sand and white background it reflects off of glass to give me good coverage over tank.  Its actually perfect cause my mushrooms on bottom don't get direct light but get the reflection only off glass.  Its cool cause I have high light areas for my sticks and nice shaded areas for my softies best of all worlds.  Its actually very cool that I can place the light directly on top of corals with decent growth and wont cook them.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I just put little clear self adhesive 3m squares to hold it above diffuser lids (I have two lids for extra spread of light and to kill power of leds being 1 inch above water line, with both diffusers I think it bought me like 4 inches off top

7 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

NICE chicken foot frag shot!  Growing in nicely.  I like those rastas as well.

Thanks, the chicken foot always catches debri from tank, I scrape it off and then it comes back, not sure what to do? 

• Like 1

I mean it's basically the perfect shape and perfect position to catch whatever flies by.  Why fight it?  LOL.  J/k.   You could add a second Aqamai.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

I mean it's basically the perfect shape and perfect position to catch whatever flies by.  Why fight it?  LOL.  J/k.   You could add a second Aqamai.  

Cause if I don't constantly clean it, the thumb and index finger will stay small and the middle finger will grow faster.  So every time I look at my pico,  I will be given the bird by my coral.....the middle finger is already taking off!! lmao😂

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, 748S911 said:

Cause if I don't constantly clean it, the thumb and index finger will stay small and the middle finger will grow faster.  So every time I look at my pico,  I will be given the bird by my coral.....the middle finger is already taking off!! lmao😂

That's amazing. 

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

I must’ve missed it 

but what are you using as a diffuser?

It was from a sterilte 12x12 three shelf bin frosted plastic in garage not used. So took a box cutter and sliced it to size... it has groves that fit in glass trim. So it wont move. First layer is smooth, second lid has ridges. I broke the second smooth part cutting it to size. Pretty tough plastic material.  I was looking for a binder that had frosted hard cover but didn’t find one.  Things i still need to buy, better frosted lids and white vinyl sheet for my background. I’ll prolly go to Michael’s today I’m sure they will have both items.

• Like 1

I want to find the cover on flourescent tubes that are in offices,  that diamond shaped material that cover the bulbs that prob has a ton of spread. 

5 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

I want to find the cover on flourescent tubes that are in offices,  that diamond shaped material that cover the bulbs that prob has a ton of spread. 

Looks up... that's a pretty good idea