Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

748S911's "Undercover Janky" 2.5 pico reef OSPRC...

748S911

Yeap great cuts, too bad they will be re fragged again for the pico 😂

The orange cap has amazing growth patterns that i haven’t seen in a long time.  It doesn't cup as much but shelves and stacks on top of each other pretty cool.

I hope to color up that clear hammer and bring out its true color. 

The setosa is really bright too.... cant wait to add them in. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Amazed how all these are fitting!! Those must be the teeniest of frags! 

Havent picked them up yet, but Im gonna re frag them for the pico and keep other frags in the EVOreef. 

Still doing testing on what tank grows corals faster and with best color. 

So Everything  thats in the 2.5 gallon. I have a piece in the EVOreef.  

Thats why my EVOreef looks like a coral bone yard, cause everything is cut up for both systems.  I tend to put the nicest pieces for the 2.5 lol 😂 

• Like 1
pricewayne
3 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Havent picked them up yet, but Im gonna re frag them for the pico and keep other frags in the EVOreef. 

Still doing testing on what tank grows corals faster and with best color. 

So Everything  thats in the 2.5 gallon. I have a piece in the EVOreef.  

Thats why my EVOreef looks like a coral bone yard, cause everything is cut up for both systems.  I tend to put the nicest pieces for the 2.5 lol 😂 

That's actually really cool... interested to see how they compare in the long run.

Just upped flow on my kps to 55% sometimes throughout the day, getting biropsis growing on rock now. I think flow is the issue. 

• Sad 1
41 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Just upped flow on my kps to 55% sometimes throughout the day, getting biropsis growing on rock now. I think flow is the issue. 

I've jealous of your flow.  I'm still torn between the kps and the sw2.  LOL.  

8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I've jealous of your flow.  I'm still torn between the kps and the sw2.  LOL.  

😂 

Yeah its was one that was way to fragile to cut until now.  Its doing good so far.  I'll see if I can do a heavy blue vid now

This guy is extra salty
5 hours ago, 748S911 said:

That color pop! I’m quite jealous 

do you have the lunar cycle option running on it? (I do)

7FE4A114-58B3-4FD3-9782-493CBB1D6185.jpeg

• Haha 4
20 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Everything looks super happy. 👍

Yeah, its been really easy getting this pico up and running smoothly. Although I am  seeing biropsis starting to grow.... I can throw both turbos in there but they always knock stuff over lol. 

I'm running out of reef estate fast!  I have to start adding small tiny rubble for my zoa's on the sand to grow out.  I want a very nice looking end result but don't want to have a cluttered look with corals on top of each other.  My next additions have to be carefully selected.  Im thinking maybe grow stuff on glass? but every time I've done that they are next to impossible to remove. Maybe I can get flexible white plastic squeezed in there to grow stuff on that like a binder cover or something that's easy to cut any suggestions? 

• Like 1

Noticed an eBay trend of people just letting things encrust light diffuser egg-crate, could always buy some cheap Lowe's scrap acrylic and cut from the back when it comes time. Otherwise I'm not really sure how safe soft plastics are overall, you might need to get fairly specific with what went into it to be safe.

• Thanks 1

Not really feeling the eggcrate look, the stuff I found on amazon is non toxic and used as a cutting board and the price is right lol, worth a shot for 5 bucks.  Still not sure tho. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I found on amazon is non toxic and used as a cutting board

Was thinking the same thing.  Food-safe usually means reef-safe.

• Like 3
pricewayne
12 hours ago, 748S911 said:

I'm running out of reef estate fast!  I have to start adding small tiny rubble for my zoa's on the sand to grow out.  I want a very nice looking end result but don't want to have a cluttered look with corals on top of each other.  My next additions have to be carefully selected.  Im thinking maybe grow stuff on glass? but every time I've done that they are next to impossible to remove. Maybe I can get flexible white plastic squeezed in there to grow stuff on that like a binder cover or something that's easy to cut any suggestions? 

Are you thinking you’ll glue cut outs or sheets of the cutting board to the glass? Is that easier to remove from the glass in the future? I’ve thought about gluing frags to glass but have the same apprehension lol.

• Like 1