Coral Vue Hydros

Bare bones old school pico reef

Donny41

Just filled up. Going to pick up a piece of live rock tomorrow and clean off the glass. For now here is my old school pico tank in its cloudy glory

15540781915553675491922703827191.jpg

15540782277912883516014727015562.jpg

• Like 3
Justin_Luke

I really like the area where you have it Good luck getting any work done there though, if i had a tank that close to my desk I would do nothing by stare at it 😄

• Haha 1

Quickly finding out how much of a pain the location of this tank is, only have a few inches above to work with. Rigged up a watering can for adding water, waiting on a magnet cleaner so I can actually clean the glass properly. Cheapo 10w heater is keeping the temp at 75°, which is colder than my other tanks but should not be an issue. My plan with the tank is to grow a bunch of zoas/acans/duncans with minimal daily maintenance. Hoping 100% water changes every 5-7 days will be sufficient without mechanical or chemical filtration. 

20190405_140844.jpg

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Donny41 said:

Quickly finding out how much of a pain the location of this tank is, only have a few inches above to work with. Rigged up a watering can for adding water, waiting on a magnet cleaner so I can actually clean the glass properly. Cheapo 10w heater is keeping the temp at 75°, which is colder than my other tanks but should not be an issue. My plan with the tank is to grow a bunch of zoas/acans/duncans with minimal daily maintenance. Hoping 100% water changes every 5-7 days will be sufficient without mechanical or chemical filtration. 

20190405_140844.jpg

In tanks this small, I don't see why 100% water changes in a week wouldn't keep things clean enough and levels up for growth!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...