Donny41

Hoping to get it filled tonight!

20190331_185603.jpg

• Like 3

MetaTank

Woot! Another one in the mix! 

• Like 1

Donny41

Just filled up. Going to pick up a piece of live rock tomorrow and clean off the glass. For now here is my old school pico tank in its cloudy glory

15540781915553675491922703827191.jpg

15540782277912883516014727015562.jpg

• Like 3

Justin_Luke

I really like the area where you have it Good luck getting any work done there though, if i had a tank that close to my desk I would do nothing by stare at it 😄

• Haha 1

Donny41

Quickly finding out how much of a pain the location of this tank is, only have a few inches above to work with. Rigged up a watering can for adding water, waiting on a magnet cleaner so I can actually clean the glass properly. Cheapo 10w heater is keeping the temp at 75°, which is colder than my other tanks but should not be an issue. My plan with the tank is to grow a bunch of zoas/acans/duncans with minimal daily maintenance. Hoping 100% water changes every 5-7 days will be sufficient without mechanical or chemical filtration. 

20190405_140844.jpg

• Like 3

MetaTank
13 minutes ago, Donny41 said:

Quickly finding out how much of a pain the location of this tank is, only have a few inches above to work with. Rigged up a watering can for adding water, waiting on a magnet cleaner so I can actually clean the glass properly. Cheapo 10w heater is keeping the temp at 75°, which is colder than my other tanks but should not be an issue. My plan with the tank is to grow a bunch of zoas/acans/duncans with minimal daily maintenance. Hoping 100% water changes every 5-7 days will be sufficient without mechanical or chemical filtration. 

20190405_140844.jpg

In tanks this small, I don't see why 100% water changes in a week wouldn't keep things clean enough and levels up for growth!

MBreefer

Cool, following along for inspo on my upcoming nano!

Donny41

Early morning water change. Added a few zoa frags from high tide coral last week. Everything running smooth so far.

20190413_063254.jpg

• Like 5

This guy is extra salty

Digging the minimalist aquascape

Christopher Marks

How is your old school pico reef coming along @Donny41? I moved your journal to the Pico Reefs forum 😉