Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy

2 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Its somehow both been over so quick and on for so long. It's been amazing seeing yours grow

Perfectly said!  It does feel like both.  :)

And thanks!  It's been a super fun project and got me back into the hobby.  

• Like 3
10 hours ago, ef4life said:

Pico is still looking great!!

Thank you!  Super hard to keep the tiki hut and volcano clean, so I've given up.  They will just stay brown and fuzzy until the contest ends.  LOL.

7 hours ago, Azur said:

So will the tank be coming down after the comp closes mate? That'd be a shame, it's one of my favourites! 

Glad you like it! 

I'm strongly leaning towards taking it down.  I will be out of town for 2 weeks after the contest is over, so it just seems easier to have 1 less tank to stress about while I'm gone.  I may have another project in the works, however, for when I get back from vacation.  Or maybe N-R will have another contest that I can join.  

• Like 5
Christopher Marks

Hey @Tigahboy we finally made it! Look how far you've come in your triumphant return to the hobby! 

This is a friendly reminder to post your final competition FTS and a 1 to 2 paragraph recap of your experience in the pico reef competition. Be sure to share your future plans for your pico reef as well, will it continue forward or get an upgrade? The competition ends on Sunday October 27th at midnight!

Thank you for being a part of the Old School Pico Reef Competition! ❤️ 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Hey @Tigahboy we finally made it! Look how far you've come in your triumphant return to the hobby! 

This is a friendly reminder to post your final competition FTS and a 1 to 2 paragraph recap of your experience in the pico reef competition. Be sure to share your future plans for your pico reef as well, will it continue forward or get an upgrade? The competition ends on Sunday October 27th at midnight!

Thank you for being a part of the Old School Pico Reef Competition! ❤️ 

Awesome!  Will do.  Just need to get a good last FTS now (recap part is already done).  I've been waiting for my toadstool to cooperate.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was happy to see my toadstool finally open after being closed up for a few days, but now my GSP is closed up.  🤦

Getting this last FTS may take awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1

This is NOT my official final FTS.  Just a practice run. 

IMG_20191024_204258_513.thumb.jpg.0f6ee1055527e9fa1fa28f80ae13ccde.jpg

GSP still not cooperating and torch wasn't as opened up as I would like.  So will try again tomorrow.  I feel the pressure now!

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

Can you play around a bit to try to light the tiki hut better?  Not sure if that would involve Photoshop, spot lighting, a flash, or other camera settings; but I think it might look nice to see more detail.

BTW, your tank looks great.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, seabass said:

Can you play around a bit to try to light the tiki hut better?  Not sure if that would involve Photoshop, spot lighting, a flash, or other camera settings; but I think it might look nice to see more detail.

BTW, your tank looks great.

My first thought was that the tank looks great! My second was that the shot looks a little dark.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, seabass said:

33 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

My second was that the shot looks a little dark.

Well I guess this is why it's a practice run. LOL.  

I'll work on getting a better FTS.  I'll do my best to deliver!  

And thanks for the feedback.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Well I guess this is why it's a practice run. LOL.  

I'll work on getting a better FTS.  I'll do my best to deliver!  

And thanks for the feedback.  🙂

I have had a similar problem with FTS being darker than closer up photos 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, William said:

I have had a similar problem with FTS being darker than closer up photos 

Yeah, it's especially tricky when you have lighting coming through the back wall since it does make the subjects in front appear darker.  Getting a good shot of this tank has been challenging at times, but hopefully I can get one last solid FTS in before time runs out.  fingerscrossed

Good luck to us all!

• Like 6