Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy

2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

wow! nice shot.

Thanks! That RFA recently moved into a more visible position.  I can finally take some decent shots of it now.  

• Like 5

Just realized we have less than a month until the end of this contest!  Woohoo!!  Still debating whether I should take this down or keep it running after the contest is over.  🤔

IMG_20190930_194202_698.thumb.jpg.a19e8bedbd0f4370f393838456069c2b.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

Still debating whether I should take this down or keep it running after the contest is over.

It's pretty neat.  Those figurines really add to the Hawaiian theme.  Of course we'd like to see you keep it running.  However, I think everyone understands that many of these tanks were setup for the fun of the contest and will be consolidated into other reef tanks.  I know that a few contestants have long-term plans to keep their picos, which I think is awesome.

Mine has always been planned to be incorporated into my 100 gallon tank, and the light repurposed.  The remaining hardware (tank, decor, and filter) will be shelved, and the cost attributed to entertainment. Your pico has been a blast to follow no matter what you decide.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, seabass said:

It's pretty neat.  Those figurines really add to the Hawaiian theme.  Of course we'd like to see you keep it running.  However, I think everyone understands that many of these tanks were setup for the fun of the contest and will be consolidated into other reef tanks.  I know that a few contestants have long-term plans to keep their picos, which I think is awesome.

Mine has always been planned to be incorporated into my 100 gallon tank, and the light repurposed.  The remaining hardware (tank, decor, and filter) will be shelved, and the cost attributed to entertainment. Your pico has been a blast to follow no matter what you decide.

Thanks @seabass!  You've always been very helpful here and in other contest threads. 

When I first started this tank, this was the only SW tank I had, so I wasn't sure what I would be doing with it after the contest.  Now that I have my 20g, I'm inclined to take this down so I can focus on the 20g (or possibly start a new project).  But it will be hard giving it up.  

• Like 7
Christopher Marks

It really is something special, such a fun approach to reef keeping. Is there another location you could move it to after the contest, to spread the reef love? It might feel easier to let it go when it’s adjacent to your other tank 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

It really is something special, such a fun approach to reef keeping. Is there another location you could move it to after the contest, to spread the reef love? It might feel easier to let it go when it’s adjacent to your other tank 😅

Thank you!  LOL.  I don't think moving it was one of the options.  Though it is VERY easy to move.  

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Can't believe you're even considering breaking this down. But...But... But...

It would be nice to have 1 less water change to do though.  Think of all that I could do with all that extra time!  Like setting up another tank.  LOL.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanks to @Aquarium Care Center the pico finally got a pom pom crab! 

IMG_20191004_184141_705.thumb.jpg.e5a28083b22fed63af5713e72abd9c4e.jpg

This was part of my orginal stocking plan but I wasn't able to find one locally, so super stoked to have received this guy from them today!

Also ordered some other stuff from ACC for my 20g and will post those in that thread once I'm able to get photos.  

Also, @Aquarium Care Center was super easy to work with and was very responsive.  Everything shipped well, and would definitely order from them again.  Thanks again!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Aquarium Care Center
2 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks to @Aquarium Care Center the pico finally got a pom pom crab! 

IMG_20191004_184141_705.thumb.jpg.e5a28083b22fed63af5713e72abd9c4e.jpg

This was part of my orginal stocking plan but I wasn't able to find one locally, so super stoked to have received this guy from them today!

Also ordered some other stuff from ACC for my 20g and will post those in that thread once I'm able to get photos.  

Also, @Aquarium Care Center was super easy to work with and was very responsive.  Everything shipped well, and would definitely order from them again.  Thanks again!

What an awesome picture! We’ve been following you and your tanks for a while so we were excited to send you an order. Thanks again! 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Aquarium Care Center said:

What an awesome picture! We’ve been following you and your tanks for a while so we were excited to send you an order. Thanks again! 

Thanks!  Will definitely be ordering again.