inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy

6 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Stopped by @yoshii's old stomping grounds - Aquatic Warehouse - on my way back home.  Incredible LFS.  

@Amphrites check out this huge mother colony of branching GSP!  They had 2 of these.  

IMG_20190519_140932_933.thumb.jpg.215a583e8a525e22befe861b81c66b33.jpg

Was going to stop by AquaSD to give them an earful about @Hannahhhh's recent purchases but they were closed. 

That's unreal, almost looks like hydno...

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, asting said:

Is the branching GSP just gsp that encrusted another coral?

No there's nothing underneath the GSP.  It just grows differently.  It's more rigid and curves to form a "tube" if that makes any sense.  Haha.  

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
11 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

No there's nothing underneath the GSP.  It just grows differently.  It's more rigid and curves to form a "tube" if that makes any sense.  Haha.  

Neat!

If you want to yell at ASD for sending me some brown SPS haha that is fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Stopped by @yoshii's old stomping grounds - Aquatic Warehouse - on my way back home.  Incredible LFS.  

@Amphrites check out this huge mother colony of branching GSP!  They had 2 of these.  

IMG_20190519_140932_933.thumb.jpg.215a583e8a525e22befe861b81c66b33.jpg

Was going to stop by AquaSD to give them an earful about @Hannahhhh's recent purchases but they were closed. 

Aw I really appreciate that you thought of me ☺️ Either way, I’m really not mad at aquasd since I spoke to a really nice guy there. I think honestly I was just naive about the realities of ordering coral online and that most pictures are at least a bit edited. 

Also, that is a gorgeous branching GSP!! I’ve pondered adding GSP to my tank but haven’t gone for it yet. I love the bright green color it adds! I might actually prefer the regular old type but I’m not really sure without being able to compare them in person. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Hannahhhh said:

Aw I really appreciate that you thought of me ☺️ Either way, I’m really not mad at aquasd since I spoke to a really nice guy there. I think honestly I was just naive about the realities of ordering coral online and that most pictures are at least a bit edited. 

Also, that is a gorgeous branching GSP!! I’ve pondered adding GSP to my tank but haven’t gone for it yet. I love the bright green color it adds! I might actually prefer the regular old type but I’m not really sure without being able to compare them in person. 

@Tigahboy to the rescue lol!!! They closed early cause they knew you where coming!!! lmao 😂 

@Hannahhhh Its ok we will be salty for you lol!!! 🤨🧐😒😔

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, asting said:

Neat!

If you want to yell at ASD for sending me some brown SPS haha that is fine.

18 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

@Tigahboy to the rescue lol!!! They closed early cause they knew you where coming!!! lmao 😂 

@Hannahhhh Its ok we will be salty for you lol!!! 🤨🧐😒😔

🤔 This may be a new practice area for me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My small haul from the Coral Farmers Market.  Chose the orange glasses as my door prize, but not really sure why people wear these.  🤷‍♂️

IMG_20190519_162910_773.thumb.jpg.0b6516974c90b40e9af25847026221e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

My small haul from the Coral Farmers Market.  Chose the orange glasses as my door prize, but not really sure why people where these.  🤷‍♂️

IMG_20190519_162910_773.thumb.jpg.0b6516974c90b40e9af25847026221e8.jpg

The glasses are so you can walk into aquasd.......😂😆 

Reef Punisher 😎💀

Reeferminator.....l'll be back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I just sat down to watch tv tonight,  scrolling through the guide - finding Nemo is on - right at the part Nemo swims through mt. Wannhockaloogie.  

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Hannahhhh said:

Just because someone was nice and explained that everyone is taking advantage of customers the same way, doesn't really make it okay. My .02 at least.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, 748S911 said:

The glasses are so you can walk into aquasd.......😂😆 

Reef Punisher 😎💀

Reeferminator.....l'll be back!

Speaking of ASD super disappointing that Will didn’t opt in for this event 🙄 good times though and I picked up some nice stuffs...didn’t get cool glasses though 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, NaturallyKait said:

That GSP is so cool, I’ve never seen it like that before. 

39 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

That gsp is freaking drooooool! 

Yeah, I've never seen anything like that.  It was pretty amazing.  And they have two of them!!  My tiny frag has a looooong way to go.

2 hours ago, Sancho said:

Speaking of ASD super disappointing that Will didn’t opt in for this event 🙄 good times though and I picked up some nice stuffs...didn’t get cool glasses though 😂

Well it was either the glasses or a Marina brand thermometer or a feeding clip thingy for tangs, so had to go with the glasses.  Definitely had a lot of cool stuff.  The RFAs were really nice and cheap as well.  But like after just 15 minutes into the event my son was already asking to leave. So yeah, didn't stay long enough.

• Like 2

Got this small frag at the Coral Farmers Market yesterday (the only one that was fully open before lights out last night).  Had a ridiculously long name, so I chose to forget it since I have limited storage capacity left in my brain and need to be picky about what I remember now. Adds a nice variation of green to my other green zoas.

IMG_20190520_012000_036.thumb.jpg.0d583e52b3a23301bd191b4a0896fb5e.jpg

Had more of a guava pinkish center under the vendor's lights but none under mine.  😒

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2

Oh and here's an FTS from Saturday (before I added the new frags from the coral show and before the new RFA moved to a less visible position).

IMG_20190518_235934_205.thumb.jpg.47f699d75398622d011fda5f645006cf.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

OK.  Just ordered the Aqamai KPS as a replacement pump for this pico.  I was really on the fence about buying a 4th pump for this tank, but ultimately pulled the trigger after reading this on the product description:

"Aqamai is Hawaiian for something 'smart, cool and intelligent.'"

I'm a sucker for marketing I guess (and committed to my theme).

Hoping to get some waves up in here now.  Should arrive on Wednesday.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
31 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

OK.  Just ordered the Aqamai KPS as a replacement pump for this pico.  I was really on the fence about buying a 4th pump for this tank, but ultimately pulled the trigger after reading this on the product description:

"Aqamai is Hawaiian for something 'smart, cool and intelligent.'"

I'm a sucker for marketing I guess (and committed to my theme).

Hoping to get some waves up in here now.  Should arrive on Wednesday.  

Well, it’s hands down going to be a better pump than the SW2. That definitely is commitment to the theme...lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MetaTank said:

Well, it’s hands down going to be a better pump than the SW2. That definitely is commitment to the theme...lol

Well, I'm sure I'll have a use for like 4 pumps after this contest is over.  Right?  LOL.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

Well, I'm sure I'll have a use for like 4 pumps after this contest is over.  Right?  LOL.

Are you not going to start a larger tank at some point? You’ll find a use for them...lol

Just now, MetaTank said:

Are you not going to start a larger tank at some point? You’ll find a use for them...lol

One can only hope.  This pico ends up preoccupying like 100% of my allotted reefing time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 5/19/2019 at 5:46 PM, Tigahboy said:

If I were to pay for a frag + shipping (two day would probably be fine it's GSP lmfao)... Oiy but GSP are So prolific and can be SO bio-heavy I don't know if I want to change carbon twice a week, but that's soooo beautiful...

• Like 1

Here are the rest of the new additions from Sunday.  

Clove polyps.  They look like tiny little palm trees in the pico.

IMG_20190520_205250_223-01.thumb.jpeg.d4ba491e9de5361ad72c3085d850de9d.jpeg

And some red hornets.  Also got a couple small polyps of the purple hornets from a reefer friend so I combined them onto one rock rubble piece.

IMG_20190520_205335_691-01.thumb.jpeg.2b625eecf1f9954cf8acaec8bbbdb3e3.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico