SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy

Spotted the baby RFA on top of the Tiki Lounge just now.  Hard to get a good photo, but it moves around a lot. 

IMG_20190515_193704_799.thumb.jpg.4e823f4ba277d68c29d91a9e8eb396ce.jpg

IMG_20190515_193908_208.thumb.jpg.25a25b6234c8c753c704b8f37119d85c.jpg

IMG_20190515_194936_867.thumb.jpg.ded0afdea813af3a9689d36229b115a4.jpg

Again, everyone wants to hang out at the Tiki Lounge.

• Like 16
9 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Very cool. This is coming along nicely.

Thanks!  Been pretty slow to add coral, but hopefully will pick up some stuff this weekend. 

Still on the fence about a fish as well.  My brain says fishless, but my heart says fish.  

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Thanks!  Been pretty slow to add coral, but hopefully will pick up some stuff this weekend. 

Still on the fence about a fish as well.  My brain says fishless, but my heart says fish.  

I have seen a few with a small damsel or clown. Eventually the fish will need rehoming.

I agree though, feels like somethings missing without a fish.

• Like 2

Thinking about switching out my Hydor powerhead to a Jebao SW4.  I want more random flow/waves instead of constant flow.   

This will be like the 4th powerhead I'm trying out for this pico.  LOL.  I keep telling myself I can use all these extra powerheads for something down the line.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
20 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

You gonna go with the sw4 or the 2? 

Didn't even know there was an sw2.  LOL.  Still thinking...

8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

Didn't even know there was an sw2.  LOL.  Still thinking...

I have the SW2 in my 7 gallon, and it’s more than enough flow for that tank.

i feel like if I put it in the pico, I could make a serious sandstorm...lol

• Like 1
Just now, MetaTank said:

I have the SW2 in my 7 gallon, and it’s more than enough flow for that tank.

i feel like if I put it in the pico, I could make a serious sandstorm...lol

You basically always have every pump I'm looking at.  LOL.  You think at the lowest setting it will be too much for the pico?

8 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

You basically always have every pump I'm looking at.  LOL.  You think at the lowest setting it will be too much for the pico?

I have trouble with my AC50 making little sand dunes if I set it too high, but I think at the lowest setting you may be able to make something work...should I be the guinea pig and toss it in the pico? 

It will suck air from the surface if it’s placed too high up tho

Results are in, it seems to work on pulse mode for me, but constant flow would shift my sand personally with the way my rocks are set up. But you could probably make something work, since this was like a 30 second test. I didn’t play around with placement and settings, just tried pulse mode and a constant flow mode

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

How much power was that ? 50% 

10%...lowest setting

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

10%...lowest setting

Ooooooo... nice! That was good flow at 10 percent. Thanks for that vid, I’ll end up buying the sw4 for my EVOreef when corals start growing out and flow gets reduced.  Two sw4’s cause they work together and my ice cap gyre1k 🤔🌪💨🌊🌊

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Ooooooo... nice! That was good flow at 10 percent. Thanks for that vid, I’ll end up buying the sw4 for my EVOreef when corals start growing out and flow gets reduced.  Two sw4’s cause they work together and my ice cap gyre1k 🤔🌪💨🌊🌊

To be fair I didn’t turn off the AC50, but when I turned it from pulse to constant, it started stirring up all kinds of crap.

LAX Aquarium having another crazy sale. 50% off frags for the next 4 days. Currently there now...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, MetaTank said:

To be fair I didn’t turn off the AC50, but when I turned it from pulse to constant, it started stirring up all kinds of crap.

LAX Aquarium having another crazy sale. 50% off frags for the next 4 days. Currently there now...lol

I'm going to try to hit them up tomorrow.  Though it's really out of the way from where I will be in LA.  But #reeflife right?

• Haha 2
On 5/15/2019 at 6:43 PM, Tigahboy said:

Also, despite having at least 2 extra digital therms, I decided to use the janky Marina brand thermometer on my janky snail tank cuz I wanted to embrace the jank, and it of course breaks in my tank spilling the lead alloy beads all over the tank bottom.  🤦‍♂️  Well I probably broke it when I moved some LR.

IMG_20190514_180011_421.thumb.jpg.f99f18008acdfa8a889826e1160e9e40.jpg

Had to use a magnet to pick up all the beads.   

This happened to me too. Love the magnet idea, wish I'd thought of that!

Just now, lizzyann said:

This happened to me too. Love the magnet idea, wish I'd thought of that!

Yeah, I tried and tried to suck them out but it was nearly impossible.  Then I moved on to metal tweezers.  Wow that was tedious.  But I noticed some of the beads sticking to the tweezers, so I grabbed my magnet cleaner and got them out real fast.

Did you notice any negative effects?  I contacted the mfr and they claim it should be OK as long as I get all the beads out.  Did a big water change and added carbon, but hoping it's no biggie.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

The flow was off so they didn't spread out too much and I was able to get them all I thiiiink so no noticeable effects! But definitely stressful and a pain in the butt to fish them out!

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico