Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tigahboy

OMG I was so worried about that shell, too haha! Love that it's still sitting proud  :]  Thing looks pretty top heavy to me... Glad everything made it!

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

OMG I was so worried about that shell, too haha! Love that it's still sitting proud  :]  Thing looks pretty top heavy to me... Glad everything made it!

Lol.  It's a reefing miracle!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So my damsel has definitely reduced my flatworm (and pod) population significantly, but he can't catch em all (still see a few hiding out here and there).  So he won't be a complete solution to the flatworm problem.  😑 He's still cute tho.

IMG_20190707_211456_161.thumb.jpg.a048df218a8fcb9390f288a23842fe29.jpg

IMG_20190707_212208_886.thumb.jpg.42a2951d002b4a8bd5635deb9f006e62.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1
CalvinKlein

I love your tank. Its filling up quite nicely. The damsel in the foreground makes it look like its lost in a tropical hawaiian island!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CalvinKlein said:

I love your tank. Its filling up quite nicely. The damsel in the foreground makes it look like its lost in a tropical hawaiian island!

Thanks!  Glad to hear!  Was definitely hoping the pico would end up looking like a tropical Hawaiian island.  

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Wingy said:

Is your Damsel a night hunter or night sleeper? 

Hmmm.  I'm usually asleep when it's night for him, so not sure.  He's REALLY active with lights on though, so I'm assuming he's getting some shut eye at night.  

My springeri wears stress colors and hides in the rockwork all night, pouting and finning sand at the tank walls whenever someone walks by the dark tank. I don't think they're much for the night life.

17 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

Maybe if you don't feed the damsel for a little while she'll finish off the flatworms? She is really beautiful.

That's a good point.  I thought maybe he/she would've finished them off while I was gone for a few days, but maybe that wasn't enough.  Some of the flatworms that I found were hiding behind a clump of macroalgae though and I don't think the damsel could get to those.  Also, who knows how many are in the volcano.  

• Like 2

NANO-REEF.COM CROWD-SOURCING TIME! 

What would be a good replacement for the dragon's breath volcano plume??  I'm tired of how high maintenance the dragon's breath is and looking for something easier.  Could go back to gracilaria hayi or something like that.  Maybe a torch?  Nothing at all?  PLEASE ADVISE!

4 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

What would be a good replacement for the dragon's breath volcano plume??  I'm tired of how maintenance the dragon's breath is and looking for something easier.  Could go back to gracilaria hayi or something like that.  Maybe a torch?  Nothing at all?  PLEASE ADVISE!

Yes, this one: https://cornbredcorals.com/products/cornbreds-holy-grail-torch

😉

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2
20 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

What would be a good replacement for the dragon's breath volcano plume??  I'm tired of how high maintenance the dragon's breath is and looking for something easier.  Could go back to gracilaria hayi or something like that.  Maybe a torch?  Nothing at all?  PLEASE ADVISE!

Ball out get yourself a gold torch.... 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Now that's just stupid 🙄 under what like 24k lighting? 

Ya lol cornbread is always crazy priced, but in all seriousness.... someone was asking 1600 for that torch on reef2reef and it sold. At least it is easy to grow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Ya lol cornbread is always crazy priced, but in all seriousness.... someone was asking 1600 for that torch on reef2reef and it sold. At least it is easy to grow?

Yike. Can't wait when they're 50 bucks a head 🙂 give it a year or two 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

https://www.algaebarn.com/shop/macroalgae/red-ogo/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Matteo said:

Yike. Can't wait when they're 50 bucks a head 🙂 give it a year or two 

I wish but probably take many years. Indo ban has really driven up prices and demand is crazy high! Used to get gold torches so cheap! 

Maybe the ban will someday be lifted 🙏

• Like 2
12 hours ago, CalvinKlein said:

That damsel has tribal tattoos 😂 

38 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I wish but probably take many years. Indo ban has really driven up prices and demand is crazy high! Used to get gold torches so cheap! 

Maybe the ban will someday be lifted 🙏

Find a local reefer with it and I’m sure he won’t charge that crazy amount. 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Ime, most try to charge more than retail stores XD

Also considering how well poachers and fishers are still trashing the reefs out in Indo... Well I hope they open back up too, hopefully ausland stays open as well, despite the dieoffs, poaching, and other insane issues they're having...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, 748S911 said:

That only seems to work for SPS and mushies, torches are on 🔥 I guess I saw one local and he wanted 800 and it was dragon soul which isn't as nice as the holy grail. I probably wouldn't spend more than 200 on a single coral and that is pushing it but if I was going to spend that much... I guess it would be on euphyllia as I seem to be able to grow them better than anything else so might as well go with what works when dropping big bucks. At least it won't be a $200 SPS nub that might be stark white the next day, eh?

If you find old FS posts before the indo ban you can find corals around $60 that are now several hundred plus. 

I grabbed a $40 long tentacle plate... I mean they can almost look like a torch 😛   

• Haha 2

Tank looks awesome! The damsel is beautiful.

I think a torch would look really cool coming out of the volcano or an orange octospawn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, 748S911 said:

LOL.  I totally see that now!

So looks like a torch as a volcanic plume replacement is in the lead so far...  

I personally think an octo would look cooler because of its' growth patterns and neon orange color, but they're hard to find these days. Could always drop your dendros onto a shelf or something inside and have their polyps stickin' out, could always go with a really intensely colored lepto or favia/platy and put it on a dome-shaped shelf to display. 

Some favia/platy/stylocoenella/lepto legit look like lava under actinics.

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico