Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy

57 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Mines not a sexy as yours ☹️....although I just got it yesterday 😂

F841D32E-A5B7-42ED-BFBA-87ECDB712243.jpeg

Nice!!  Mine took forever to finally get full and lush.

• Like 1
On 5/25/2019 at 1:23 AM, Tigahboy said:

Here's an FTS with the new Aqamai KPS added behind the volcano.  It's so tiny, you can't even see it.  

IMG_20190524_221608_371.thumb.jpg.2c6c67de2d146ce3fe39ecd5165f055e.jpg

And yes, sad FTS without my dragon's breath plume. I guess at least I can enjoy the volcano bubbler again.  And when I turned on the bubbler, a bunch of dragon's breath pieces flew out.  Lol.  

Tank looks sweet! 

Sorry to hear about the dragons breath, that really sucks! 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Tank looks sweet! 

Sorry to hear about the dragons breath, that really sucks! 

Thanks!  I went ahead and ordered a replacement, so the volcano won't be dormant for too much longer.

• Like 6
On 5/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, Amphrites said:

If I were to pay for a frag + shipping (two day would probably be fine it's GSP lmfao)... Oiy but GSP are So prolific and can be SO bio-heavy I don't know if I want to change carbon twice a week, but that's soooo beautiful...

The branching type doesn’t grow quite as fast as the regular type. I just sent @Tamberav a chunk via two day priority and it arrived in perfect shape. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

The branching type doesn’t grow quite as fast as the regular type. I just sent @Tamberav a chunk via two day priority and it arrived in perfect shape. 

Good to know 2 day is an option. 

Yeah, I'm hoping the slower growth rate will make them easier to manage.  Tho given how tiny my frag is, I hope not too slow. Haha. 

• Haha 2

Sad.  My wife found the missing hermit.  He was basically all the way across the room dried up on the rug.  Very sad.  😢

RIP, Big Kahuna, Climber of Palm Trees and Volcanos.

• Sad 11

Wow, I've never had a hermit escape from a tank, even open top aquariums.  Maybe he was blown out of the volcano, like Joe Versus the Volcano.

Just kidding, but do you think he climbed on top of the macro, and had a path out of the tank?

• Haha 1
pricewayne

Wonder if maybe he was tied up in the dragon’s breath ? Maybe had a hold on the macro algae and fell out when it was pulled.

7 minutes ago, seabass said:

Wow, I've never had a hermit escape from a tank, even open top aquariums.  Maybe he was blown out of the volcano, like Joe Versus the Volcano.

Just kidding, but do you think he climbed on top of the macro, and had a path out of the tank?

4 minutes ago, pricewayne said:

Wonder if maybe he was tied up in the dragon’s breath ? Maybe had a hold on the macro algae and fell out when it was pulled.

He was pretty agile (way more than the other one), and I suspect he crawled up the heater cord or the bubbler/light cord for the volcano.

1 minute ago, Tigahboy said:

I suspect he crawled up the heater cord or the bubbler/light cord for the volcano.

That's plausible.

• Like 1

I found a dead dried up hermit crab outside my front door a few days ago. No freaking clue how.....I don't dump water or anything outside.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, Tigahboy said:

@Tamberav that's crazy.  Yeah, I was surprised how far mine got, but unlocking and opening a door is next level

Yeah I’ve also found them in random places outside on the patio, the kitchen and other spots they are crafty suicidal buggers...Also had a entire batch of snails that wanted nothing to do with staying in the tank...my son would made a game of finding the ones still alive and tossing them back in the tank every morning 

• Like 5

@Sancho haha.  same problem with my snails as well.  My nerites get out the most, but fortunately been able to get them back in the tank before they dry up.  

• Like 1

The virgin nerites I have don't crawl out. Apparently they can live in freshwater... brackish...or marine. They have been long lived busy snails for me.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

The virgin nerites I have don't crawl out. Apparently they can live in freshwater... brackish...or marine. They have been long lived busy snails for me.

Mine are from Hawaii and are basically trying to find a way back home cuz they are tired of Southern California traffic and pretention. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 6
32 minutes ago, 748S911 said:

Sucks to hear about Big Kahuna.....😞

Thanks. Major bummer considering he was the life of the pico.  The other hermit will need to step up.  I named her Lele because I went to a pretty good luau in Maui called the "Feast at Lele."

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Tamberav said:

How you know they virgins? 🤷‍♂️ You never know what kind of snail shenanigans are going on when the lights go out 🤣

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Tigahboy's 🌋 Pico